Sorry - help with part number for front springs !

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Sorry - help with part number for front springs !

Postby simonbuk » Fri 05.05.2017, 17:07

Hi folks, can somebody spare 5 minutes please and confirm part numbers and stock at SJ's for me please ?

I'm currently abroad and my phone doesn't display SJ's website correctly and my tablet is broken leaving me a bit stuck !!

I'm after a pair of standard front springs - not uprated ad my shocks are I believe standard and ok.

I think the part number is F100C6015F ?

Have SJ's got a pair in stock and what is the price please ?

Cheers in advance !!
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, currently River Thames........

Re: Sorry - help with part number for front springs !

Postby Fredjohn » Fri 05.05.2017, 18:18

Simon

Just looked on SJ website, std front spring (their "replacement") is part no. SJ100C0003 priced at £32.50 each. That'll be plus VAT and delivery though.......

No sign of F100C6015F at all on their website.

Managed to add to basket, but can't otherwise tell if any in stock as they're closed right now :(

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your sail (?) from a fellow sailor...... :D :D
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
MB E250 CDi coupe 2013
Boardman Endurance SLR 9.4 disc 2018
Rapido 746 2010
Lotus Evija Danish edition
Fredjohn
God

Postby dapinky » Fri 05.05.2017, 18:23

Simon,

SJ's are currently listing standard springs at £32.50 each (+VAT and P&P).... but with an SJ part number, not a Lotus one.

springs.jpg

When i added 2 to a shopping basket, it allowed me to continue, so i assume that they are available. It may be worth giving Steve a ring though, to check
(+44 (0) 1363 777790)

Checking on Bell & Colville site (deroure.com) it shows the part number you quoted as being the damper - the springs are #B100C0086F, and are quoted at £81.62 each :shock:

EDIT - duplicated info as I was checking at the same time as John, but he beat me to the posting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby simonbuk » Sat 06.05.2017, 00:45

Ok thanks guys. I would have phoned and checked but telecommunications from here (Montenegro) is astronomical !!

Seems a bargain at £32.50 a spring (+vat.....+delivery.....+ bla bla...) !!

Cheers.
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, currently River Thames........

Return to Suspension and Brakes