Jet hot coating / Flowing exhaust manifold?

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Jet hot coating / Flowing exhaust manifold?

Postby HJ2 » Fri 17.08.2012, 09:06

Peeps,

As all the turbo and exhaust parts are off my car now to fix the damage from Ypres...

1. Is it a good idea to have the new replacement exhaust manifold Hot Jet Coated? Should the coating be on the inside, on the outside or both?
2. Is it worth the trouble flowing the exhaust manifold prior to coating?
3. I'll leave the Turbo Heat Shield on, but are the shields further down stille needed if the downpipe components are Jet Hot Coated?

I have absolutely no experience with this stuff yet, but am willing te learn! :-D
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Re: Jet hot coating / Flowing exhaust manifold?

Postby theelanman » Fri 17.08.2012, 10:52

HJ2 wrote:the turbo and exhaust parts are off my car now to fix the damage from Ypres...

sorry O/T

I must have missed something here....what did you do in Ypres????
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Re: Jet hot coating / Flowing exhaust manifold?

Postby HJ2 » Fri 17.08.2012, 12:18

I hit a ridge under heavy braking :burnout: (ususally i let go of the brakes for a brief moment in these conditions, but i missed this one completely!)
Damage report: Spoiler lip (rubber only, fibreglass o.k.) 1st. exhaust section, longeron, pre-cat housing and exhaust manifold (ouch!)

Since there is some work involved now, i intend to improve and upgrade some things as well to make the best out of it :bonk:
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Return to Upgrades