Roll Hoops - where can I get some?!

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Roll Hoops - where can I get some?!

Postby paulsmithmk » Sat 08.09.2012, 21:39

Hi all

I am after some roll hoops - prefer stainless steel but black if not. I would also like to add a wind break if possible. Can any one point me in the right direction please. I have seen people with LGM roll hoops / wind break fitted and like them so taht would be a good start but no idea where to buy or have fitted.

Many thanks

Paul
S2 Number 640
paulsmithmk
Fanatic

Re: Roll Hoops - where can I get some?!

Postby John_W » Sat 08.09.2012, 22:30

LGM roll hoops were a special one off. You might find somebody who bought a set at the time but didn't get round to fitting them. Alternatively, you could contact Simon ( Kuching) who made a seriously good set of roll hoops and fibreglass fairings a couple of years ago. Neither were stainless steel; I don't think the metallurgy works, let alone the cost.
John
John_W
Heid-bummer

Postby paulsmithmk » Sun 09.09.2012, 07:44

Thanks John
S2 Number 640
paulsmithmk
Fanatic

Postby norman lovie » Mon 10.09.2012, 20:02

Was in contact with Simon at SPC recently, very helpful however - no desire to make his roll hoops unless significant numbers are requested, he did very kindly offer advise leading to what you now see - which is now being copied into proper tubing :) - i,ll be fitting this part to the B piller mounts etc.. before fitting up the outer rear supports and braces.
I,m not at liberty to offer anything that simon has helped me with, but if you do contact him and get his permission, then I could atleast ask the guy who is making my one from this template - if he fancies making a 2nd one - alternatively I can give you my template when we're finished with it - again i,ll need agreement from SPC first though
seems there is a need for a few of these - maybe - via a part payment back to SPC we could get a local run of them done - as it's been made as a one off and not via a jig, it will be a few months before i,m finished with this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norman lovie
Enthusiast

Postby paulsmithmk » Mon 10.09.2012, 23:07

Running a second set would be great if we can get that agreement - many thanks for this.... I guess if I had wanted easy I would have got an MG!!

norman lovie wrote:Was in contact with Simon at SPC recently, very helpful however - no desire to make his roll hoops unless significant numbers are requested, he did very kindly offer advise leading to what you now see - which is now being copied into proper tubing :) - i,ll be fitting this part to the B piller mounts etc.. before fitting up the outer rear supports and braces.
I,m not at liberty to offer anything that simon has helped me with, but if you do contact him and get his permission, then I could atleast ask the guy who is making my one from this template - if he fancies making a 2nd one - alternatively I can give you my template when we're finished with it - again i,ll need agreement from SPC first though
seems there is a need for a few of these - maybe - via a part payment back to SPC we could get a local run of them done - as it's been made as a one off and not via a jig, it will be a few months before i,m finished with this
S2 Number 640
paulsmithmk
Fanatic

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Sat 16.03.2013, 01:11

If anyone is interested in hoops, please see my posting under group buys. We only need 10 people to commit to them to make them viable.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby Stef » Tue 19.03.2013, 15:37

Also have some LGM hoops available, am setting a thread in parts for sale :D
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby rip » Tue 19.03.2013, 15:40

Stef wrote:Also have some LGM hoops available, am setting a thread in parts for sale :D

Going to bin the re-shaping idea then?
1990 SE
rip
God

Postby Stef » Tue 19.03.2013, 15:52

Yup. Realistically wont work without compromising the strength or styling.

Shame really.
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Return to Upgrades