Which Chip purchase?

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Which Chip purchase?

Postby texaselite » Thu 18.10.2012, 15:39

Fed Elan
No wastegate porting
Installing Piper downpipe and 2.25" stainless this week
Replaced O2 sensor with: Bosch 13277
K&N filter (in trash can)
--That covers all "performance" changes made to the car

I reckon I definitely will go with the Everest as opposed to Kilamanjaro:

Do I need to get the V4 Chip & adapter kit 1499 Everest ? Does this require any other changes other than installing the chip in the ECU (in the glovebox)?
Should I opt for the switcher kit?
texaselite
Enthusiast

Re: Which Chip purchase?

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 18.10.2012, 16:34

texaselite wrote:Fed Elan
No wastegate porting
Installing Piper downpipe and 2.25" stainless this week
Replaced O2 sensor with: Bosch 13277
K&N filter (in trash can)
--That covers all "performance" changes made to the car

I reckon I definitely will go with the Everest as opposed to Kilamanjaro:

Do I need to get the V4 Chip & adapter kit 1499 Everest ? Does this require any other changes other than installing the chip in the ECU (in the glovebox)?
Should I opt for the switcher kit?

If you aren't going to want different profiles for street/rally/race, then the single chip with adapter board should do it. The ECM is on the left hand side forward of the "A" (hinge) pillar. Remember to disconnect the battery before unplugging anything. In reference to your other posts, there isn't any BOV or dump valve on a stock car. They all do the same thing - reduce the turbo stalling under high load. Quiet or loud is your call. I tend to avoid using the common engine cleaners as they are harsh on the wiring and connectors. I use dish detergent mixed with water in a garden sprayer. Richer for super dirty leaner for les so. I suggest you cover the coils and blow them out after your cleaning. You can also use some electromotive spray after you finish to dry up any residual water on connectors and the coils. A lot of detailers use silicone or sprays like son of a gun or armor-all to make things shine.Ask a local detailer what his tricks are for treating the clean parts so they look good longer.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Return to Upgrades