Help with closed loop wiring.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Help with closed loop wiring.

Postby JohnB » Tue 11.03.2014, 18:41

Hi all.
I've been lucky to get the bung out for the oxygen sensor so I'm really pleased about that. However, although I've now made the connection to the ECU pin D7, I'm a bit confused about the connection to the IP harness. :? The WikiLEC instructions say : -
The "IPHC" harness connectors are on the left of the opening. Inspect the large black connector, disconnect it and identify the wire on the IP harness side of pin A15. Splice the binnacle end of the supply cable in here.
Maybe I'm missing something but how do I identify pin A15? I'm assuming the "A" relates to the black multiplug, but there are no numbers I can see on there. Also do I splice into the cable coming from the female side of the connector once I've identified A15.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anybody going slower than me is an idiot. Anybody going faster is a maniac.Image
JohnB
Enthusiast

Re: Help with closed loop wiring.

Postby Elanlover » Tue 11.03.2014, 20:05

JohnB wrote:Hi all.
I've been lucky to get the bung out for the oxygen sensor so I'm really pleased about that. However, although I've now made the connection to the ECU pin D7, I'm a bit confused about the connection to the IP harness. :? The WikiLEC instructions say : -
The "IPHC" harness connectors are on the left of the opening. Inspect the large black connector, disconnect it and identify the wire on the IP harness side of pin A15. Splice the binnacle end of the supply cable in here.
Maybe I'm missing something but how do I identify pin A15? I'm assuming the "A" relates to the black multiplug, but there are no numbers I can see on there. Also do I splice into the cable coming from the female side of the connector once I've identified A15.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a pic handy at the moment (someone may come along and provide it) but in the electrical manual, in the back pages, are the pin-outs and numbering for all the harnesses. An easier way to find it may be to identify the colour of the wire from the schematic in the electrical manual (colour codes are also in the back pages).
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
Elanlover

Postby JohnB » Tue 11.03.2014, 21:18

Thanks for the reply Elanlover. I've had a look at the pages you mentioned but it still doesn't make it any clearer for me. I'm a bit worried about splicing into the wrong cable and potentially doing some damage.
Anybody going slower than me is an idiot. Anybody going faster is a maniac.Image
JohnB
Enthusiast

Postby Rice crispy » Tue 11.03.2014, 22:03

John have a look in the wicklec which hass a write up and pics of the plugs http://wikilec.9600.org/index.php/Conve ... d_loop_ECU

David
Rice crispy
God

Postby JohnB » Wed 12.03.2014, 08:51

Hi David. Thanks for the reply.
I have the WikiLEC write up and have been using it, but I was expecting to see letters and numbers on the IPHC connector in the same way there was on the ECU connector, but there are no markings on there at all.
When the instructions say, splice to A15, does "A" relate to the black connector? On the diagram of the connector, the numbers are only shown in the corners, so is it just a matter of counting to identify pin 15?
Sorry if I'm being a bit over cautious but better to be safe than sorry!
JohnB
Enthusiast

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 12.03.2014, 16:19

The wire feeding the No Charge Warning Lamp that is in IPHC-A15 is a N,Y (Brown, Yellow), circuit 26B. See Circuit Diagram #2. According to the instruction, you need to connect to the IP (instrument pack) Harness side, not the Main Harness side.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby JohnB » Wed 12.03.2014, 16:36

Thanks John.
That information makes it very clear. I'll get cracking and complete the wiring now. :D
Really appreciate the help everyone. :smt023
JohnB
Enthusiast

Return to Upgrades