Converting SE to Closed loop

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Converting SE to Closed loop

Postby ashm » Sat 18.11.2017, 21:34

Steve A wrote:
ashm wrote:Ah, sorry I haven't checked the forum for a while - glad the Wiki instructions worked out for you.
I'm not sure my neck has fully recovered from when I retrofitted the wiring myself...

If you think anything needs adding to the wiki (like wire colours...) then please do!

Ad

Thanks for writing them.
I'd be interested to know how you knew which wires to chose ?

Dunno really, I just spent some time reading the lotus electrical manual, making notes and then digging around the car with a multimeter to check that it's actually wired the way the manual says it is. And trying to find the harness connectors, which is usually nowhere near as straightforward as the manual seems to suggest.

Having said that, they were easier to find than the ecu earth on my alfa 147... That bore no relation to the manual at all.
ashm
God

Postby Saltire » Sun 19.11.2017, 08:27

ashm wrote:Having said that, they were easier to find than the ecu earth on my alfa 147... That bore no relation to the manual at all.

Alfas never do. The wiring diagrams on all my Alfas would have been best filed in the ‘fantasy fiction’ section of the local library :banghead:
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2, BRG
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby Steve A » Wed 28.03.2018, 10:14

:D Took my car for it's MOT this rainy morning :roll: , I wasn't worried about it passing but more interested on the effect the closed loop had made.

Before the closed loop:

Max CO 3.5%
Actual value 3.23%

Max HC 1200ppm
Actual value 120ppm

After closed loop:

Actual value 0.78%
Actual value 107ppm
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Previous