ESM Chips - Information & Help

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: ESM Chips - Information & Help

Postby Elanlover » Tue 16.02.2016, 17:09

Just curious if you ever got the data and if you think you might be inclined to look into it? No pressure, I know this is more of a hobby for which we are all very grateful of course. :-D

ESM wrote:I haven't got the data yet... I'll see if I can encourage things along :poke:

Elanlover wrote:
ESM wrote: ................... I have some dyno data for some new performance maps coming that might make their way onto new chip versions as well (thanks to Steve Mathews for being power hungry :D ).

Get anywhere on this Alan or, with the winter here, is this a spring project?

(Steve's not the only one who's power hungry!)
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
Elanlover

Postby tigerdog » Sat 20.02.2016, 17:44

ESM wrote:I apologise to anyone who didn't get a reply to an inquiry, I run my own one man scientific consultancy and I have been incredibly busy. I'll try to keep up with the emails in future.

Sometimes one thinks the worst in the face of radio silence. I'm happy to know you're doing well.
P.S., I'm still interested in a custom chip to work with the 3 BAR MAP and larger injectors in Smaug. In case you not only come up for air, but actually catch a few deep breaths. :D
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby clemo » Sun 21.02.2016, 14:05

ESM wrote:Just so everyone knows I have been, and am still, selling chips. The new Moates switcher (sold in the V5 kit on my site) doesn't seem to work in the Elan so they aren't available for the moment but the V4 is still there.

The V4 stock levels on the site are accurate (not many left now, I need to order some more stock). The site is set up so that orders only authorize payment to be taken from your paypal account for one month. I take the money immediately before I ship so you can order with confidence that you won't get charged anything unless I send out a chip. If the stock level hits zero the site won't accept an order.

I apologise to anyone who didn't get a reply to an inquiry, I run my own one man scientific consultancy and I have been incredibly busy. I'll try to keep up with the emails in future.

Hello Alan ...
Long time no speaky .
Hope you are well and all that .

clemo
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby ESM » Fri 04.03.2016, 15:43

Hi All,

Yes it's been a while. I might have a bit more time for Elan stuff after July, I'm acting as an expert witness and the trial is June / July. My poor Elan might even get unSORNed then. I need to install a new oil cooler first though.

Good to see a few of the old hands are still present but I'm really, really sad to hear about Simon Vickers; he was a really good guy. He will be missed.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to sit on your arse with a blank look on your face.

Click on my WWW link for information on chips and ElanScan.
ESM
God

Postby tigerdog » Sun 13.03.2016, 00:57

:agree: on all counts.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby ESM » Fri 10.06.2016, 18:34

I've been incredibly busy with the expert witness thing and seriously neglecting chips again. However, the opposition have run up the white flag (just 5 days before the trial was due to start) and now I suddenly have a lot more time on my hands. I'm having a break in Scotland right now but there is a box of 10 chips and boards on my table at home and I'll update the stock level when I get back in a week or so. I'll be getting my own Elan back on the road over the next month or two as well so I'll be able to work out what's going on with those V5 boards.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to sit on your arse with a blank look on your face.

Click on my WWW link for information on chips and ElanScan.
ESM
God

Postby Rambo » Fri 10.06.2016, 18:53

Hi Alan

Long time no hear. Hope you are keeping well ? Sounds like you've had a few mountains to climb ? Kilimanjaro, Everest ........ :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby B_land » Fri 10.06.2016, 19:43

Can I preorder 1 before they all go :D

Cheers

B
EG S2
B_land
Enthusiast

Postby tigerdog » Fri 10.06.2016, 20:09

Welcome back! I hope you find a restful summer break and that we LEC'ers don't put undue pressure on you for chip-making.
tigerdog
God

Postby Scott » Wed 29.06.2016, 13:03

Hello there Alan! I have emailed you through your site a month ago or more.
I am about to finish a total engine rebuilt plus turbo, pipes, KN filter and thinking of ordering the Piper system 2,5'' plus the downpipe.
So I will need first a chip from you but don't know which one.
Could you help me?? Never had anything before.
1998 BMW 316 E36 Coupe
2001 Volvo S40 1.6
1991 Lotus Elan M100 Turbo
2004 Ducati Monster 620ie

''L.O.T.U.S - Let OThers UnderSteering''
Scott
Enthusiast

Postby steve matthews » Wed 29.06.2016, 14:19

Scott wrote:So I will need first a chip from you but don't know which one.

I would recommend the switcher if you want the occasional track day and then go for a country drive. A large chip such as the Elysium tends
to drain the fuel tank quickly. Now I know the boost is controlled by your foot but if it is a single chip and a power chip you will use it all the time.

Steve - tried both ended up with the switcher.
steve matthews
God

Postby Scott » Thu 30.06.2016, 00:05

steve matthews wrote:
Scott wrote:So I will need first a chip from you but don't know which one.

I would recommend the switcher if you want the occasional track day and then go for a country drive. A large chip such as the Elysium tends
to drain the fuel tank quickly. Now I know the boost is controlled by your foot but if it is a single chip and a power chip you will use it all the time.

Steve - tried both ended up with the switcher.

From what I have read in Alan's site, you're right. Also I am not trying to make the car unpleasant but having fun on weekends and keep it in good condition. Ithink that from the chip plus the piper exhaust 2,5'' I'm going to buy my goal is 200-250 good and real bhp. Besides I'm just finishing the engine and turbo rebuilt (I will post photos) planted the K&N air filter plus all other things inside there(pipes, head, gaskets, rings and springs for cylinders etc) that became new!
So I think that V4-5 switcher would fit better.
1998 BMW 316 E36 Coupe
2001 Volvo S40 1.6
1991 Lotus Elan M100 Turbo
2004 Ducati Monster 620ie

''L.O.T.U.S - Let OThers UnderSteering''
Scott
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Upgrades