New tyre selection for 15" wheels

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: New tyre selection for 15" wheels

Postby surfboardfiller » Fri 17.03.2017, 17:03

Toyo Proxie are cheap and ok ish, (surprisingly good in fresh snow for a summer tyre!) I wouldn't buy them again for an Elan or other sports car. They wander in the wet and rutted/ridged surfaces due to the poor tread pattern and their dry grip is not good either. Its not a sports car tyre - mid range at best.

Uniroyal rainsport are excellent all weather tyre, superb in the dry and amazing in the wet

Yokohama Advan AD08 were amazingly good but that was a while back
Yokohama C Drives were fine in the dry/not brilliant, poor wet grip
Yokohama Parada Spec2 are shocking in the wet - I was properly scared
Yokohama A539 weren't great especially in the wet compared to the AD08 I had before

Michelin Pilot Exalto Sport were brilliant but... are now NA in 15" I still have a pair

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance - are NA /55 ratio but not 50

Pirelli P Zero nero/corsa - are NA for 15" Elan wheels "There are no products based on your selections"

Dunlop - are NA for 15" Elan wheels

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 - I am buying at the moment so this could be interesting. Edit: there are less than 100 tyres left and there will be no more so this is it. :(
Last edited by surfboardfiller on Fri 17.03.2017, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
surfboardfiller
God

Postby clemo » Fri 17.03.2017, 20:10

surfboardfiller wrote:Toyo Proxie are cheap and ok ish, (surprisingly good in fresh snow for a summer tyre!) I wouldn't buy them again for an Elan or other sports car. They wander in the wet and rutted/ridged surfaces due to the poor tread pattern and their dry grip is not good either. Its not a sports car tyre - mid range at best.

Uniroyal rainsport are excellent all weather tyre, superb in the dry and amazing in the wet

Yokohama Advan AD08 were amazingly good but that was a while back
Yokohama C Drives were fine in the dry/not brilliant, poor wet grip
Yokohama Parada Spec2 are shocking in the wet - I was properly scared
Yokohama A539 weren't great especially in the wet compared to the AD08 I had before

Michelin Pilot Exalto Sport were brilliant but... are now NA in 15" I still have a pair

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance - are NA /55 ratio but not 50

Pirelli P Zero nero/corsa - are NA for 15" Elan wheels "There are no products based on your selections"

Dunlop - are NA for 15" Elan wheels

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 - I am buying at the moment so this could be interesting.

What are you running on the track Elan Phil ?
I found the toyo's to stick extremely well round the ring on my old track slag . grip way further than i thought there was grip .
I used to run Goodyear eagle F1's on the S2 wheels . Really liked the feel of them but haven't found anything close to them since they stopped making them .
Jim Clark Metallic Green S2 on the way .
clemo

Location: TORQUAY .WESTSIDE well south west side in the southern bit.

Postby surfboardfiller » Fri 17.03.2017, 23:52

Track car has R888 but they are on my custom Compomotive 16" wheels (to fit the big 4 pot brakes).
They will probably be replaced by Yoko A048 or other road legal track tyre.
surfboardfiller
God

Previous

Return to Wheels and Tyres