Snow tyres

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Snow tyres

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 18.12.2017, 16:25

Recently bought a virtually unused set of Pirelli Sottozero 3 Winter tyres on Team Dynamic Prorace 17" black wheels for the price of an S2 wheel ... :-D .
Same dimensions as the BBS with Toyo Proxes I usually run but owner had MX5 so had to buy correct spigot rings (£6) and black wheel bolts (£17) ... anybody need black M12 wheel nuts?

Not sure about the look but it should guarantee we don't see any snow again this winter ... :lol:

20171218.jpg

By the way ...you CAN get 4 wheels with tyres in an M100 - 2 sit on the passenger seat with the seat belt through them to keep them there and 2 go in the boot if you remove the floor & spacesaver spare ... like this...

2 in boot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: Snow tyres

Postby Giniw » Mon 18.12.2017, 16:39

lotusflasherman wrote:it should guarantee we don't see any snow again this winter ... :lol:
:-D
I quite like the look!
By the way ...you CAN get 4 wheels with tyres in an M100
Interesting to know, thanks! :)
Giniw
God

Postby dapinky » Mon 18.12.2017, 16:43

Of all the aftermarket wheels that I have seen, these seem to be one of the best designs/looks for the car - even more so when it's a bargain!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Rambo » Mon 18.12.2017, 17:52

lotusflasherman wrote:
Not sure about the look but it should guarantee we don't see any snow again this winter ... :lol:

Maybe they'd look better in orange ;-)
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 18.12.2017, 17:54

Nice one Phil. And the offset is :?: :?: :?:
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby Steve A » Mon 18.12.2017, 18:39

:D My wife's MX5 had those wheels, I was really impressed with the quality , they looked brand new after 5 years
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 18.12.2017, 19:27

Thanks Dave.. I'm getting to think they look quite good but really bought them for the tyres. The black paint seems to be non-stick so should be OK to keep clean whether roads are muddy or salted. One of the roads into the village involves a ford and a quick splash through that seems to clean them up nicely.. :lol:

Mark - No need for orange - already got my orange set to annoy Spud.

Offset was stated in ad' as '45' but strangely it isn't marked on the rims so the guy showed me the purchase invoice which stated 17"x7J ET 45 - and I saw he'd paid over £1,100 for them... :shock:

Just checked and my silver BBS with Proxes T1-R are actually 42 and it's the orange wheels which are 45. Reason I checked is these tyres are hanging on so well that on extreme lock and a bit of bump there is a slight 'buzzing' on the nearside plastic wheel arch liner, but not the offside so it's very marginal. May be due to the slightly squarer shoulders on the winter tyres and a bit more roll due to grip - I'll wait till I can see exactly where it's contacting and do a bit of 'liner reforming' with a hot air gun and a block of wood :-D

Due to all the sipes they are certainly working MUCH better than Proxes on the wet & muddy roads of Suffolk but anticipate they may feel a bit squidgy when the roads are dry... 'horses for courses' as they say ...

tread.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil

Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Postby Rambo » Mon 18.12.2017, 20:17

Plenty of grip on those Phil. Looks like another one of your bargain buys ;-)

Incidentally, I quite like your orange wheels against the blue body. Very Gulf racing :smt023 You just need the stickers ;-)
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 18.12.2017, 22:11

Yup, quite pleased to pick those up for a monkey ...

I liked blue & orange together too ... Gulf racing was pale blue & orange but the car I really learnt to drive in was sprayed in Ford's Electric Blue and Vista Orange, my team mate was same design in Electric Blue and Daytona Yellow but I did the design so had first choice. Amazing how similar the M100 feels, but a lot quieter :-D TLF Guys in Evora 400's were amazed they were holding me up in the twisty bits - M100 must be the most under-rated car ever! :bananasex:
clwys.jpg
Phil

lotusflasherman
God

Postby texas2201 » Tue 19.12.2017, 02:00

Had these wheels on my E30 M3 great wheels and very light
http://www.extremepetrolhead.blogspot.com/

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
texas2201
God

Return to Wheels and Tyres