OZ 15" centre caps

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, clemo, nitroman, Specky, GeoffSmith, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT

OZ 15" centre caps

Postby scooter49 » Mon 15.04.2019, 10:26

I have a 1990 M100 SE Turbo.
I need centre caps. I am getting the wheels powder coated in gold. I really would like black centre caps with black and silver logo.

I do not have a clue what size I require or where to get a decent set. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.
scooter49

Re: OZ 15" centre caps

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 15.04.2019, 14:24

If you have stock OZ wheels, you can get:

Standard silver faced caps A082G6046F
A082G6046F.jpg

or

Lotus Emblem faced caps A082G6071F
A082G6071F.jpg

You can order them from your LOCAL Lotus Dealer or from SJ Sportscars.

I am not aware of any black centre caps with black and silver logo caps being available. You could get some custom decals printed that will fit in the OZ caps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 15.04.2019, 15:24

Flat Silver disc with Black logo in centre is closest I can think of.. they are in the centre of Speedline wheels on my Eclat Riviera, Part No. A079G4006F

A079G4006F.jpg

They are slightly bigger than the slightly domed OE disc so can be carefully cut down using the original disc as a template... whether it's worth the effort remains to be seen. I think the OE coloured badge centre caps would look OK.

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/A079G4006F.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Saltire » Mon 15.04.2019, 18:56

As others have said, black and silver centre caps would need to be custom made. I have a source for such custom work, but you’d need to tell them the exact diameter and colours you want (mine are S2 wheels, so the dimensions are different).
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2010 Fiat Panda 100HP, bossanova white/grey (the rollerskate)
2017 BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD, Mediterranean blue/magnolia (the workhorse)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby B_land » Mon 15.04.2019, 20:58

This design is the one I have considered but have not looked at sizes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Lotus-Whe ... SwmUFb834X
EG S2
B_land
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Mon 15.04.2019, 23:55

I have only just got home from a 520 mile drive back from Holland, so am a tad jaded.....

.... I have those design on my centre caps :D

I sourced a set of 4 (except I bought 6!) from a guy on Facebook who makes them up to whatever size you want (I'll try and remember to find the details tomorrow when I've slept a bit). They are self adhesive gel material, and have lasted 5 years so far without signs of fading. They simply stick on where you prise the current centre bit out of the cap (after cleaning the black plastic bit!!).

Not the best of pictures, but it gives an idea of the look.
7.JPG
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby scooter49 » Tue 16.04.2019, 00:36

Dapinky:
That is exactly what I am looking for. I don't do facebook but if you manage to get the size you used and an email address for the maker, I would be very grateful.

Thanks all
scooter49

Postby dapinky » Tue 16.04.2019, 12:44

Scooter49,

The best I can do at the moment is to point you to this thread where all the discussions and pictures and details are held.....

If you find that you want to go with Darren, then there is an email link on his forum profile, but I don't know how recent/active it is. He only really joined us at the time we were looking to get these made, and isn't an 'active' member here - but he is very helpful (a sign of a good business!) and will basically make whatever you want in whatever colours you want them.

If you can't get hold of him via his email link, and don't do Facebook, then re-post here and I'll see if I can assist further.

I assume that similar items can be made by a fair few people, and the exact size you require is known, but I can certainly recommend Darrens' work. (and he has the artwork setup already).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby scooter49 » Tue 16.04.2019, 16:24

Many, many thanks.
Got an email address for him and mail sent along with a pic of your wheel :D

He does have a website but it looks bare.
http://www.locking-vinyl.co.uk/home

I will update once I hear/do not hear back

scooter49

Postby scooter49 » Fri 19.04.2019, 00:46

No reply from Darren.
So I did a bit of digging and found these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I ordered 45mm. I believe yours were 46mm so not a lot in it. I will let the forum know what they are like once received.

scooter49

Postby Saltire » Fri 19.04.2019, 06:40

Darren is around at the moment, but Locking Vinyl has recently acquired another business, so he’s been really busy trying to tie up the legal loose ends of that. I’m sure he will respond as soon as he can, and - as dapinky says, his work is excellent.
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2010 Fiat Panda 100HP, bossanova white/grey (the rollerskate)
2017 BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD, Mediterranean blue/magnolia (the workhorse)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby scooter49 » Sat 04.05.2019, 00:07

Never heard from Darren but the ones from Amazon are good.

Point to note:
I ordered the original silver centre caps from SJ. They are domed but the silver insert comes out revealing a flat black centre. (I believe you can order them this way)
The inserts fit well and look good.

I got my wheels back today. Just in time for the annual pilgrimage to Stoneleigh for the kit car show. (Maybe see some of you there?)
I have taken a couple of pics. Apologies for the poor resolution. Not the best of phones.

I'm sure gold is not everyones cup of tea but I like them :D
The car is sitting a bit high because it just came off the axle stands 5mins before.

Thanks again for everyones help and advice.

scooter49

Postby Rambo » Sat 04.05.2019, 08:25

I think they look quite good on BRG. And would also look good on black, as per ScottJ's JPS. Now you just need some black Ruote stickers stuck in the correct position to complete the image :wink:

By the way, in the 2nd of your images, are those balance weights stuck inside the wheel either side of the Lotus logo ? I,m assuming it's a trick of the eye due to the poor resolution but if not you probably have knackered the wheel sometime in the past ?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Jamie N » Sat 04.05.2019, 10:02

I agree looks good with the gold, the important thing to remember with cars, you do what you like, not what others like. 8)
Jamie N
Seal God

Postby scooter49 » Tue 07.05.2019, 00:38

Rambo wrote:By the way, in the 2nd of your images, are those balance weights stuck inside the wheel either side of the Lotus logo ? I,m assuming it's a trick of the eye due to the poor resolution but if not you probably have knackered the wheel sometime in the past ?

You have a sharp eye :D Yes, hit an almighty pothole. Didn't see it coming. Sun in the eyes. Had to get it bashed out. The real bummer is it put a small bit of crazing on the fibreglass. Grrr

scooter49

Postby Rambo » Tue 07.05.2019, 09:25

scooter49 wrote:
Rambo wrote:By the way, in the 2nd of your images, are those balance weights stuck inside the wheel either side of the Lotus logo ? I,m assuming it's a trick of the eye due to the poor resolution but if not you probably have knackered the wheel sometime in the past ?

You have a sharp eye :D Yes, hit an almighty pothole. Didn't see it coming. Sun in the eyes. Had to get it bashed out. The real bummer is it put a small bit of crazing on the fibreglass. Grrr

The state of our roads is deplorable these days. And extremely dangerous too !! If you do see a pothole at speed and have to swerve to miss it you could end up causing even more damage

So much for all the state and council taxes we are forced to pay. Ringfenced for NHS , schools and social work. Roads and police forces seem to play 2nd fiddle :|
Rambo
Don't push me

Return to Wheels and Tyres