Aftermarket Alloys

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Aftermarket Alloys

Postby gavthenav » Sun 22.02.2015, 13:29

Looking for help and hope someone can point me in the right direction please???

Having my Elan looked away for the winter I've started on some small upgrades with my biggest one is changing the wheels.

Looking at changing my 15 inch rims to a 16 inch with a a wider rim at the rear if possible??

Any recommendations on who to go to for certain rims. I've tried the main alloy wheel suppliers rims rock etc with various wheels saying that they will fit but my only worry is the et60 offset.

Suggestions anyway?

Thanks
gavthenav

Re: Aftermarket Alloys

Postby tigerdog » Sun 22.02.2015, 15:44

this topic has been discussed in the forums many times. try using the search function with "offset" as a keyword. There's apparently one species of Mini wheel that works OK. The best solution is either a set of S2 or North American rims, or the custom 17" wheels Elanlover put on his.

Bigger question in my mind, why would you possibly put a wider wheel/tyre on the rear of any FWD car, especially one with handling as well-balanced as the Elan?
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Return to Wheels and Tyres