Crimson Racing Sparco NS-11

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

Crimson Racing Sparco NS-11

Postby Jamie N » Sat 09.05.2015, 21:57

These are recently imported from Japan, In mint condition and pretty light weight in comparison to the original Lotus wheels, so i thought i would put them on and see how they looked. Makes the car look a bit reminiscent of an FD shape RX7 Turbo 2 convertible. :?: Picture doesnt really do them justice though.
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler

Re: Crimson Racing Sparco NS-11

Postby par » Sun 10.05.2015, 11:52

I used to have a set of these wheels, really liked them and they were quite light, colour works well with the white bodywork.

What profile are the tyres? It might just be the angle of the photo but it seems there is too much arch clearance.
par
Fanatic

Postby Jamie N » Sun 10.05.2015, 13:52

Its mainly the angle Steven, but i think the fact that i have really went to town getting rid of unnecessary weight has maybe lifted the ride height :D . Anyway the next thing on the list is to drop it a tad, no matter what size the wheels are on the Elan it still looks too high to me, bigger wheels seem to exacerbate the problem, even with a low profile tyre they lift the car too high, I wouldn't want to put anything bigger than 16" on it but i think i will be sticking with 15" for now, any bigger and it start's to get that "Tonka truck" look which you will be well aware of happening with CRX's, just not a fan of big Alloys on small cars (No offence intended to anyone running big wheels though!) its just a personal preference :wink: .
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler

Postby morciii » Sun 10.05.2015, 15:44

the wheels look sweet. If i had seen them off the car before you fitted them i wouldn't have thought they would have suited the Elan, but they actually go quite well.

but more importantly, are they lighter than the originals?
1992 Lotus Elan SE British Racing Green
1985 Talbot Horizon GLE Heather Green
morciii
Enthusiast

Postby Rambo » Sun 10.05.2015, 19:50

Looks quite high to me too. I can't get a clenched fist turned sideways between the wheel and the arch on Rambo. And I've got big fists. I think you need to lower the "Tonka truck" Jamie ;-)

PS Maybe Rambo is lower because of the load it usually carries :lol: My others are different :twisted:
Rambo
Don't push me

Return to Wheels and Tyres