S2 BBS Tyre valves

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

S2 BBS Tyre valves

Postby rdodger » Fri 26.06.2015, 20:50

Evening all.

My S2 it has some metal bolt in tyre valves. I'm pretty sure they aren't original BBS ones and they are rusty and nasty. One is so short I can't get air in the tyre with a foot pump.

Is it possible to fit normal rubber ones or does it have to have the bolt in type?

Cheers
rdodger
Tinkerer

Re: S2 BBS Tyre valves

Postby lotusflasherman » Fri 26.06.2015, 21:42

rdodger wrote:Evening all.

My S2 it has some metal bolt in tyre valves. I'm pretty sure they aren't original BBS ones and they are rusty and nasty. One is so short I can't get air in the tyre with a foot pump.

Is it possible to fit normal rubber ones or does it have to have the bolt in type?

Cheers

One of my bolt in valves in my 17" BBS wheels has a slight leak from the rubber washer that tightening up didn't fully cure and yesterday asked my local tyre shop to fit a new one.
They don't stock them so offered to fit standard rubber valves so answer to your question must be 'Yes'.

I didn't want one rubber and 3 bolt in so agreed I'd buy a bolt in for tyre shop to fit... ordered mine from here.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-bolt-in-valve-for-alloy-wheels-Please-leave-colour-choice-in-comments-/131311241064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e92c28768
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Return to Wheels and Tyres