Battery

Please put all your known Elan Cross-Refenced parts here--click "start new topic" and title it with the part type, then add all known info to the post.

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Battery

Postby Simon_P » Mon 25.06.2018, 07:58

Hi All,

I know that there are 3 or 4 that could fit - 027 and 065 spring to mind, but there is nothing in the Wiki and I'm away at the moment so can't check my car.

Please can we put together a list of batteries for future reference - Sizes and comments below please, and I will compile them for a wiki entry.

Thanks,

Simon
Simon_P
God

Re: Battery

Postby John_W » Mon 25.06.2018, 09:04

Monty did the research a few years ago in the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14046
John_W
Philistine

Postby dapinky » Tue 26.06.2018, 15:00

As the other thread is a bit old (and poissibly out of date) I see no problem with 'current' battery ideas....

.... I have recently replaced mine as it wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day - so i did some research and went for an 075 (this is the size/shape designator), which is the 'newer' version of the 065 (which looks like an 027 to me!).

When looking, I noticed that they do a 'standard' 065/075 with 52Ah, or a 'High Capacity' with 60Ah and 570CCA.... it is Calcium Technology (which may well be superceded by now with some other snake oil contents), had a 4 year warantee and cost under £40 on my doorstep within 24 hours. (ebay special).

Fitted it the next day, and all well - then the day after, it was flat :(

Thought to myself "shouldn't have tried to save a few quid on a battery", and fitted the charger to see what would happen - it flashed an LED to tell me that there was a battery (charge) drain somewhere.... Oops - interior lights were on! must have been from when I was giving the car a good clean before Castle Combe, and went un noticed.

Still, looking on the bright side, I now have a new battery in the car, and a 'spare' one (which DOES hold a charge - but not if the lights are kept on!), and can use the car.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby John_W » Tue 26.06.2018, 18:17

:lol:
Sounds like a similar story to the reason that we have two microwaves. I thought our ten year old one was bust and bought a new one. When I went to plug it in to replace of the old one I found that somebody had already unplugged the old one. :oops:
Oh well, our student son was most grateful for a microwave in his flat.

On the battery side, I’ve just bought one for our “modern”(ish) car, which eats batteries (3 in 8 years) so I went for a Halfords one (Yuasa Silver 110ah & 900cca) purely on the basis that they guarantee free replacement if it fails within 5 years.
John_W
Philistine

Postby Simon_P » Sun 01.07.2018, 01:35

eurocarparts have a discount code summer 70
Just bought a Duracell 075 for £43 with a 5 year guarantee. The code was supposed to run out yesterday but it just worked for me. Also bought some filters.
Simon_P
God

Return to Part Cross-Reference