Gear Selector Assembly

Drivetrain problems

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Gear Selector Assembly

Postby nhaynes » Sun 07.06.2015, 12:39

Hi, I was just checking for vacuum hose connections and noticed something on the gear selector assembly on the side of the gearbox which to me doesn't look right. Should the selector shaft, centre rear of the attached picture be exposed to the elements or should it have a gaitor over it? I would have thought the latter but can't see where it mounts and can't find a gaitor on SJS spares. Any advise would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Neil.
nhaynes
Tinkerer

Re: Gear Selector Assembly

Postby nhaynes » Wed 10.06.2015, 20:13

The selector shaft is NOT missing a rubber gaitor, see attached view of selector assy from Elan M100 Service Manual. Page 368 of 534 or page 34 of Transmission (FF) section. So the selector shaft is sealed by passing through a shaft seal into the selector housing. This is sealed to the gearbox with a gasket. Worry over!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Neil.
nhaynes
Tinkerer

Re: Gear Selector Assembly

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 11.06.2015, 03:00

Sorry Neil. I didn't understand your question. I thought you were asking if there was a boot or cover for the levers/bellcrank.

The cross shaft and oil leakage is protected by a seal that is pressed in the Control Box. There is nothing missing in your original picture.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Return to Transmission, and Clutch