Short-Shift Kit specifically for Bob B.'s Stainless Cables

Drivetrain problems

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Short-Shift Kit specifically for Bob B.'s Stainless Cables

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 09.03.2016, 15:01

I have a small supply of the parts needed to connect my Short-Shift Kit to a set of Bob B.'s Cables. The kit basically replaces the original gearbox end pins, washers and spacers and clips with proper "rod end studs".

The "rod end studs" line up better and have the correct clearance to allow full articulation of the rod-ends at the gearbox.

I will also include a pair of the "Short Adjustment Wrenches" since you never got those originally and tightening the cables into the bracket is a very tight fit.

The price for the full kit is $135.00 (base kit) + $5.00 (Extra Rod End Stud) + $15.00 (pair of short wrenches): Total is $155.00 + Postage.

Postage to the US is $15.00 and Postage to the UK (and rest of Europe) is $40.00. Sorry but USPS has gone crazy increasing their prices.

asm4.jpg

Rod-End-Stud.jpg

Wrenches2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Re: Short-Shift Kit specifically for Bob B.'s Stainless Cabl

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Sat 16.04.2016, 21:38

oops...
Last edited by Brit-Car-Nut on Sun 07.08.2016, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Sun 07.08.2016, 14:22

I STILL have a few Short-Shift Kits that are engineered to fit the earlier Bob B. metric cables kits.

They are a perfect fit, easy to install and make a HUGE difference in the horrible excess of motion the stock shifter has.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby ebguitars » Tue 04.10.2016, 15:38

Hello, I have a 92 Elan LHD. I am living in Madrid, Spain. I am not an expert in the Elan, but I would like to install a short-shift in my car. Is the kit that you are selling easly to install? Does it fit and work in my Elan? I have a standard Elan. Do you still have them for sale? Thanks and regards, Eduardo
1992 (LHD) Pacific Blue Elan
ebguitars

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 04.10.2016, 15:52

Eduardo: Per my PM to you a few minutes ago, this kit is specifically for the uprated cable set that Bob Brown sold several years ago. It will not work with stock cables.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Return to Transmission, and Clutch