ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Thu 09.11.2017, 18:37

tb10 wrote:The boy is nuts!

Best offer in line with DaveT's offer of £500.00 resulted in this message back:

Message from desikspezi:

Sweet sensation The music that we play Will ease your mind I am a man with a heavy heart And I dare not turn the pages It's a blind faith A cruel waste One bitter taste So I know I need this sweet sensation

WTF? :bonk:

Right, off to find some carbon fibre in my Elan........... :gathering:


Completely barking !!

I sent him a list of pertinent service/accident/HPI questions and after a couple of days without reply eventually got an answer which said "Thanks"

Thanks, but no thanks, Tosspot :?
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 09.11.2017, 23:46

Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
User avatar
lotusflasherman
God
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri 05.09.2008, 00:14
Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby simonbuk » Fri 10.11.2017, 07:41

And it's a BARGAIN.

When people puts words in capital letters do people then actually believe it ?!
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
User avatar
simonbuk
God
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Jamie N » Fri 10.11.2017, 08:35

lotusflasherman wrote:This one is an unusual colour ...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-M100-SE-Turbo-1991-model/282726310730


The front fog lights! :lol:
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Location : Location

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Saltire » Fri 10.11.2017, 08:45

Jamie N wrote:
lotusflasherman wrote:This one is an unusual colour ...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-M100-SE-Turbo-1991-model/282726310730


The front fog lights! :lol:


Perfect stablemate for your S2, Kathryn :lol:
Jonathan

S2 no 512, BRG/LRG, magnolia interior, last of four UK S2 to this spec
User avatar
Saltire
Fanatic
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Sutherland

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Fri 10.11.2017, 10:16

Note how the number plate is blocked out. Always raises my suspicions as you can't check MOT history, SORN details or whether it is HPI clear :?
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby lotusflasherman » Fri 10.11.2017, 13:46

Rambo wrote:Note how the number plate is blocked out. Always raises my suspicions as you can't check MOT history, SORN details or whether it is HPI clear :?

:agree: It does say "it doesn't come with the plate advertised" so why bother blocking it out anyway? MOT history is essential info to avoid salesman bullshit.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
User avatar
lotusflasherman
God
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri 05.09.2008, 00:14
Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby DaveT » Fri 10.11.2017, 16:15

Being pedantic

Does he mean a new engine- cos I thought new ones didnt exist

or does he mean replacement

or does he mean a recon

where's the f'ing nurse??

More oromorph

Just leave the bottle.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Moderator
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby simonbuk » Fri 10.11.2017, 17:52

Jamie N wrote:The front fog lights! :lol:


Oi !! I've got those !!

And they're not fog lights, they are bright........kind of.......side light......daytime running........'watch out for me I'm driving a black car'.......lights.

(Mine might not be as big as those though)
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
User avatar
simonbuk
God
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Jamie N » Fri 10.11.2017, 18:59

simonbuk wrote:
Jamie N wrote:The front fog lights! :lol:


Oi !! I've got those !!

And they're not fog lights, they are bright........kind of.......side light......daytime running........'watch out for me I'm driving a black car'.......lights.

(Mine might not be as big as those though)


:D Sorry man, they will be cool on a black one though right enough ;-) .
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Location : Location

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Kathryn » Sat 11.11.2017, 01:34

He posted it on the M100 enthusiasts Facebook page a few weeks ago. And yep, I love the colour! :D
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1376617 ... 4733197175
Palacio S2 #540
User avatar
Kathryn
Fanatic
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
Location: Swindon, UK

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Sat 11.11.2017, 22:07

Rambo wrote:
tb10 wrote:The boy is nuts!

Best offer in line with DaveT's offer of £500.00 resulted in this message back:

Message from desikspezi:

Sweet sensation The music that we play Will ease your mind I am a man with a heavy heart And I dare not turn the pages It's a blind faith A cruel waste One bitter taste So I know I need this sweet sensation

WTF? :bonk:

Right, off to find some carbon fibre in my Elan........... :gathering:


Completely barking !!

I sent him a list of pertinent service/accident/HPI questions and after a couple of days without reply eventually got an answer which said "Thanks"

Thanks, but no thanks, Tosspot :?


More verbage from barking mad of Warminster :twisted:

Presently being re-commissoned for every day road use after 3 years 6 months in Lotus' PNM engineering garage. One of 50 normally aspirated m100s on the road today.

1,588cc pure Isuzu muscle behind carbon fibre.

Please, no more questions like:
1. When was the cam belt changed?
2. How much tread is on the tyres?
3. What is the MPG?
4. Does it let in the rain?
5. Will I get my hands dirty with this, etc, etc.

This will answer your questions as to what it is about: -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OYYoDxZmLI

Not suited to Sunday drivers who want to pose around Cafe Nero on the high street.

"Will you take £800 for it?" No, and welcome to my [long] list of blocked bidders you window shopper. A single rear lens costs £500. Maybe best for you to spend your time scouring old barns for m100s na's on your quest the make your first, always the most difficult, million.

£12,500. Please don't contact me until you can pay. It wouldn't be appreciated. No, I don't want to hear your life story. Just the twelve and a half thousand in crispy clean new bills please, I just don't have any time these days. UD$, Swiss Francs accepted as well as Kruggerands/IoM Angels or other uncirculated 1oz Gold Coins are ok.

Ask Pete at PNM if you have any specific queries upon this actual car. Otherwise Google, Wiki, HPI check it or whatever at your leisure, expense and rely on your own judgment.

I reserve the right to withdraw the sale, cancel your bid, throw a tantrum, report you for harrassment to the Police, ignore you, drive off to Sri Lanka in it.

Wasting asset for CGT purposes. £t's only going one way.
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby simonbuk » Sat 11.11.2017, 23:24

He's clearly after a grand for it then......he's playing hard ball.
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
User avatar
simonbuk
God
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Sun 12.11.2017, 10:48

simonbuk wrote:He's clearly after a grand for it then......he's playing hard ball.


He's got so pi$$ed off with people making realistic offers ie £500, £800.........that he has removed the Best Offer box on his advert. So Simon, it's £12,500 or nothing. And no contacting the owner with any questions or until you can pay fully in Greek Drachma or Portuguese Escudos :twisted:

Come on. You know you want to. No CGT and it's only going one-way :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Thu 16.11.2017, 18:28

Guess what ? It sunk like a lead balloon :lol: :lol: Maybe he should've accepted DaveT's £500 offer ? More than generous I'd say :twisted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Lotus-E ... Sw9gRZ~1UB
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby clemo » Thu 16.11.2017, 20:26

I have a NA engine and Box ... will take at least half of that .












with that being ..... not a lot .
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
User avatar
clemo
Moderator
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 23:24
Location: TORQUAY .WESTSIDE well south west side in the southern bit.

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 16.11.2017, 20:29

Ha bloody ha .... "This will answer your questions as to what it is about: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OYYoDxZmLI" - but that's a link to an SE on track at Suzuka, so :wtf: has that got to do with an NA in Warminster.
What a cretin !
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
User avatar
lotusflasherman
God
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri 05.09.2008, 00:14
Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Thu 16.11.2017, 20:33

lotusflasherman wrote:Ha bloody ha .... "This will answer your questions as to what it is about: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OYYoDxZmLI" - but that's a link to an SE on track at Suzuka, so :wtf: has that got to do with an NA in Warminster.
What a cretin !


Its a Collapso red as well :lol: :lol:

I eventually got an answer to my questions ........

Sorry, I just love it too much to deal with scrimping and saving serial whingers. I just don't have the time for all that. I hope you manage to get one it will cheer you up no end

I think he must be a serial waccy baccy man :smt033
Last edited by Rambo on Thu 16.11.2017, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby alan e » Thu 16.11.2017, 20:36

lotusflasherman wrote:
Rambo wrote:Note how the number plate is blocked out. Always raises my suspicions as you can't check MOT history, SORN details or whether it is HPI clear :?

:agree: It does say "it doesn't come with the plate advertised" so why bother blocking it out anyway? MOT history is essential info to avoid salesman bullshit.

The reg number is H630 VCL
Black 1992 M100
Austin 7 1932 box saloon
BMW X5
alan e
Fanatic
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun 19.02.2012, 20:43
Location: worthing west sussex

Re: ALL CARS ON EBAY.

Postby Rambo » Thu 16.11.2017, 20:45

alan e wrote:
lotusflasherman wrote:
Rambo wrote:Note how the number plate is blocked out. Always raises my suspicions as you can't check MOT history, SORN details or whether it is HPI clear :?

:agree: It does say "it doesn't come with the plate advertised" so why bother blocking it out anyway? MOT history is essential info to avoid salesman bullshit.

The reg number is H630 VCL


But that number doesn't exist in the DVLA database :smt017
User avatar
Rambo
Têtard
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Peebles

PreviousNext

Return to UK Elans - For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest