Yellow SE Going To Auction......

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT, Specky, Elanlover, GeoffSmith

Re: Yellow SE Going To Auction......

Postby clemo » Tue 13.02.2018, 19:05

Thank you Mutley ( and sorry to go a bit off topic )
But surly a cat D is the same as a cat N or S so will this technically make a cat D an obsolete category?
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
clemo

Postby Mutley00 » Wed 14.02.2018, 21:28

I've long since given up trying to rationalise or understand the DVLA and associated government bodies Clemo. I get Classic Car Weekly and virtually every week there is a headline story of a new hairbrained scheme that the tossers who work in these government departments come up with.

I seriously think they have a regular meeting where awards are given for the person who comes up with an idea that will piss off the motor industry and owners the most. I can trawl recent copies and give you many examples if you like!
It's better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.
Mutley00

Postby lotusles » Thu 15.02.2018, 20:31

There is no longer a cat C or D. These codes were based solely on vehicle financials, and therefore it was decided to replace these with N non structural damage and S structural damage. The V5c for cat S will have a literal stating structural damage.
lotusles
Tinkerer

Postby Nick Brough » Thu 15.02.2018, 21:59

Mutley00 wrote:I've long since given up trying to rationalise or understand the DVLA and associated government bodies Clemo. I get Classic Car Weekly and virtually every week there is a headline story of a new hairbrained scheme that the tossers who work in these government departments come up with.

I seriously think they have a regular meeting where awards are given for the person who comes up with an idea that will piss off the motor industry and owners the most. I can trawl recent copies and give you many examples if you like!

Having had to deal with VOSA an DVLA personnel recently to get one of my cars through IVA I have to say I found dealing with them a pleasant experience. I got the distinct impression they wanted to help and get me the outcome I was after, which they did. I have also heard some horror stories, but how many let everyone know when things go right compared to when they go wrong.

I also strongly suspect knowing off the person in question, in one case it was the complainer who was most likely to be the "tosser" not the poor VOSA worker, if he had treated them in the way he would like to be treated he may have got to his goal a lot quicker.

Regards

Nick
Nick Brough
Tinkerer

Postby lotusles » Fri 16.02.2018, 16:37

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:The rear lights are FED spec: all red lenses (except backup and fog) as compared to the UK with a big yellow lense

Its the light playing tricks, the lenses are UK spec with orange indicators.
lotusles
Tinkerer

Previous

Return to UK Elans - For Sale