Monaco White SE, 67K Miles. SOLD

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, clemo, nitroman, Specky, GeoffSmith, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT

Re: Monaco White SE, 67K Miles. SOLD

Postby Giniw » Thu 10.01.2019, 00:02

( :agree: — an Elan, for instance)
Giniw
God

Postby HJ2 » Thu 10.01.2019, 09:14

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby david924s » Thu 10.01.2019, 09:15

Jamie N wrote:That's the car sold now folks, the reason it has taken 9 days is simply because the very first person to contact me after posting
it for sale assured me he was taking the car, offered a substantial deposit and pleaded with me to keep it until today. I had a lot of interest in it and know some
will be very disappointed but I gave the new owner my word and to go back on that would have been against my principles.

Very sad to see it drive away this afternoon, but tomorrow is another day and who knows what that might bring ;-) .

Well I for one are so very pleased you did what you did as it was me who bought it and if I could have got there sooner I would have, nice to deal with an honorable person more interested in doing what is right.

The car was just as everyone described and it was probably the most comprehensive hand over I have ever had with Jamie describing in detail all the improvements he has made and work that has gone into the car and with a 200 mile return trip to look forward to it was very much appreciated.

The car performed faultlessly for the return trip even in bad traffic and more comfortable than many cars I have had so spending 4 hours in it was a pleasure not a chore, even though it must have been a shock to its system to have to leave its warm dry garage and go out into the cold dirty Winter traffic, so first thing on the agenda is a wash to get rid of the salt from our UK roads.
david924s

Postby clemo » Thu 10.01.2019, 09:31

Welcome to LEC david924s .
Congratulations on your excellent purchase .
Hope to see you in a dusty car park one day for some tyre kicking .
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 10.01.2019, 12:56

Steve A wrote:…buy something that will give you joy :burnout:

Giniw wrote:( :agree: — an Elan, for instance)

He has!
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Steve A » Thu 10.01.2019, 12:59

GeoffSmith wrote:
Steve A wrote:…buy something that will give you joy :burnout:

Giniw wrote:( :agree: — an Elan, for instance)

He has!

:lol: It's funny because when I wrote that I almost put "like another Elan"
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Giniw » Thu 10.01.2019, 13:15

\o/ :lol:
Giniw
God

Postby TrevorK » Fri 11.01.2019, 22:38

david924s wrote:Well I for one are so very pleased you did what you did as it was me who bought it and if I could have got there sooner I would have, nice to deal with an honorable person more interested in doing what is right.

The car was just as everyone described and it was probably the most comprehensive hand over I have ever had with Jamie describing in detail all the improvements he has made and work that has gone into the car and with a 200 mile return trip to look forward to it was very much appreciated.

The car performed faultlessly for the return trip even in bad traffic and more comfortable than many cars I have had so spending 4 hours in it was a pleasure not a chore, even though it must have been a shock to its system to have to leave its warm dry garage and go out into the cold dirty Winter traffic, so first thing on the agenda is a wash to get rid of the salt from our UK roads.

Congratulations, David. You've got a cracking car there. Nice work.
TrevorK

Previous

Return to UK Elans - For Sale