1991 Pacific Blue SE

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Dave Eds, Nige, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover

1991 Pacific Blue SE

Postby carryondentist » Sun 12.05.2019, 20:37

Selling my Elan following 25 years of ownership in my family as I’ve run out of garage after buying another turbocharged lotus (Europa). Will be sad to see it go, but have only done about 5000 miles in the last 10 years. It has been SORN’ed on and off over that time, but has always seen some spanner time to bring it back to life.

The car spec is:
1991 M100 SE (on private reg D15ESE which will be removed)
Pacific blue
Standard wheels refinished in anthracite. No kerbing.
Grey full leather seats (were once red stripe but dyed grey)
105k miles
MOT: 26 June 19

Mods:
Wilwood front brakes
Rear brake adjustable bias valves (fitted to help pass MOT with rear brake distribution)
Rear strut brace
Long life custom exhaust (straight pipe from turbo back)
Everest chip
K&N filter
Shower cape

Service history (there’s a more historic stuff in a big file)
2018 – Oil service / New injectors / coil packs / ignition / rebuild rear brakes / install bias valves / new rear brake pipes / headlight motor repair
2015 – New master cylinder / new rear caliper / cam belt service
2012 – Front wishbones / cooling fan / new break pipes / cam belt service
2010 - Respray about 10 years ago – to repair lacquer peel
2010 – Oil Service / Brake pads
2008 – Oil service / refurbish rear wishbones & bushes / alloy refurb & alignment
2006 – Cambelt service / fit wildwood brakes / new front dampers
2005 – Gearbox rebuild / gearbox cables / passenger window motor

The known bad bits are that the passenger window is slow again and will need the regulator doing soon and the stereo doesn’t work, but it’s a minidisc so I wouldn’t worry. I still have the original blaupunkt, if you are a purist.

I’m based in West London (near M40). I was hoping to go to the castle coombe event, so may be able to see it there.

Asking £6500 and hoping for a good home within the community

carryondentist
Tinkerer

Return to UK Elans - For Sale