UK ELANS FOR SALE

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

UK ELANS FOR SALE

Postby Bolsom » Sun 15.03.2020, 19:36

Hi

I have decided after 27 years to sell my elan as I seldom use it and insurance is 650 for 5000 kilometers.

1991 34515 miles MOT.d here in France Last Dec. (fairly strict now) . Steel blue with hardtop. Bought in 93 (crashed)
The upper rear wishbone bent and body damaged. Replaced wishbone and broken body area replaced. I have worked abroad for many years - hence the low mileage
Old reg. no. J478DYO. Condition - pretty good. The Kuching hardtop has some shallow depressions in. Which appeared about 3 months after purchase - Enquiries
to maker ignored. Having spent 1,850 pounds I wasn't best pleased.
I take it out for a spin now and then to keep it ticking over. With the low speed limit here (50MPH) its frustrating. New cambelt about 50 miles ago.
It has always been garaged - so the only time it has seen rain was once when I was driving it here. I did 90 most of the way - it was easier then 2002.
I Forgot an Everest chip and a new rad. I like the hardtop because it has a full width glass rear window which allows an excellent rear view.

If you are interested - give me a ring. France 0468 694853 - I'm looking for £6500.

Colin

PS I also have dressed engine which I bought about 25 years ago. I was told it had only done about 3K miles - Lotus director who deceided it was down on power.

PPS - had a bad cancer (of tongue) 12 years ago so may have to talk via my wife. Some people can understand, others can't.
Bolsom
Fanatic

Return to UK Elans - For Sale