1990 'H' Elan SE - Pacific Blue - West Yorkshire. SOLD

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

1990 'H' Elan SE - Pacific Blue - West Yorkshire. SOLD

Postby Danny R » Sat 14.09.2019, 22:09

1990 'H' Elan SE Turbo, Pacific Blue, 99,000 miles

Hi All.

I'm thinking about selling my Elan SE. It's not a decision I'm happy with, I've wanted one since I was a teenager, but I've not been getting the time I'd like with it. Before I continue I want to make it absolutely clear it needs a bit of TLC. The MOT ran out in July and although I cannot see anything preventing it getting another, I haven't submitted it for one because I don't want to re-insure it if I'm not keeping it.

If you're still interested, I'll go on.

I've put 32, hi-res, image on my google photos. You can follow the link to them here:https://photos.app.goo.gl/fkeWGtBzhicubbXF7. Study them carefully, I've tried to link them into the text but I'm not clever enough.

As you can see, it's not a minter but it's not a scrapper either. I think 'project' undermines how good it is as well. It starts, drives and stops absolutely fine.

The main problems are:
Severe lacquer peel on the tailgate lid, spoiler and the area around it.
Wheels need a refurb.
Main beams have deteriorated reflectors - new ones included in sale.
Passenger door lets water into the passenger side foot well if you leave the shower cap cover off.

The last two owners were members on here and it was quite well know to the users of this forum at one point. The car has some upgraded parts:
1. AP Racing front discs and calipers.
2. Re-mapped ECU - It's got one of the Mountain chips where you can choose the program and boost from one of 10? settings on the dashboard.
3. Aluminium upgraded radiator
4. Stainless exhaust system.

I've owned the car 6 or 7 years now and in that time I've done the following:
1. Last May: New cam belt, water pump, idlers, alternator belt, PAS belt, new alternator bearings, new passenger side seat belt, hood release cable, power steering pipe in driver's side wheel arch, new brake fluid, new PAS fluid, Oil and Filter, Renewed Coolant. New Wipers and Windscreen.
2. Driver's side Pop-up headlamp motor repair kit. This included renewing all the wheel arch liner bolts and fitting.
3. Pop-Up Headlight module repaired.
4. Hazard Warning Switch - stripped, cleaned and repaired with new bulbs.
5. Fuel Filter to Fuel Rail line replaced with genuine Lotus part. The return pipe was fine but a brand new one is included in the sale.
6. Auxiliary electric water pump replaced.
7. Wastegate actuator un-seized.
8. Thermostat replaced with proper Lotus one (eccentric with joggle pin), header tank cap replaced, cooling system flushed out, heater valve replaced.
9. Driver's side window regulator stripped, cleaned and rebuilt as window not working.

Previous owners did lots of work, as mentioned one did a lot of performance upgrades and has a video on YouTube of it making 200BHP on a Dyno, it's had a much more sedate life with me. The owner before me replaced the head gasket.
Lots of history and receipts.

There's probably a lot more, but that's all I can think about.

The car comes with a load of spares:
1. 1 pair of rear, lower wishbones.
2. 1 pair of rear hub adapters, think these are to allow the fitment of Vauxhall rear discs, not entirely sure.
3. Spare ECU
4. 1 x 4210V001A Seal
5. 1 x A100V0123 Seal
6. 1 pair of internal mirror caps.
7. A pair of used ignition coils, I assume these don't work.
8. 2 new wheel centres.
9. 2 x B100C0115F Upper wishbone
10. B100C0116F Upper Wishbone
11. B100C0117F Upper Wishbone
12. 100L0130F Filter to Fuel Rail Pipe - Gen Lotus, New.
13. Headlamp motor reapir kit.
14. Pair of Front Shock absorbers.
15. Pair Main Beam lamps, NEW, Durite.
there's loads more, but it's all bits and bobs.

I'm looking for £4500. Price is negotiable on viewing.

If you're still interested after all this and want to know more, please call Dan on O785 278 1323. Please don't text, I'll answer questions on the thread. Sad times, but I'd rather it go to someone who will can use it.
Last edited by Danny R on Mon 01.06.2020, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
1990 Pacific Blue SE

1985 VW Golf GTi Cabriolet
1970 Leyland Mini Clubman Estate.
All-Cars Charly Tobrouk.
Danny R
Tinkerer

Re: 1990 'H' Elan SE - Pacific Blue - West Yorkshire.

Postby clemo » Sat 01.02.2020, 19:07

BUMP.
Clemo's spring cleaning . Is this car still available ?

Thank you LEC Team 01/02/2020
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Re: 1990 'H' Elan SE - Pacific Blue - West Yorkshire.

Postby Danny R » Thu 21.05.2020, 20:46

Sorry Clemo, I've only just noticed your post.
I'd forgotten I'd listed the car for sale.
It is still for sale at the minute, when (if) it sells I'll update the listing.
1990 Pacific Blue SE

All-Cars Charly Tobrouk.
Danny R
Tinkerer

Re: 1990 'H' Elan SE - Pacific Blue - West Yorkshire. SOLD

Postby Danny R » Tue 02.06.2020, 12:02

Just to update, my Elan sold last week to a fellow LEC member, rumone.
I'm sure he'll be on for advice before long.
I'd like to thank everyone on here who's helped me out over the last 6 years, helped me out with parts and advice, it's been much appreciated.
Maybe, one day, I may get another!

Dan.
1990 Pacific Blue SE

All-Cars Charly Tobrouk.
Danny R
Tinkerer

Return to UK Elans - For Sale