ALL ELANS ON PISTONHEADS.

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

Re: ALL ELANS ON PISTONHEADS.

Postby Rambo » Wed 10.03.2021, 10:35

Newbie wrote:Hi
Does anybody know if this car belonged to a member and if so any feedback on the car will be greatly appreciated as arranging to view this weekend

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing ... Id=5251438

See further discussion here viewtopic.php?f=49&t=25355&start=120 (ElanX4 onwards)
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Jamie N » Wed 10.03.2021, 11:06

Newbie isn't a newbie being here since 2013 but I can only see 1 post, and its linking to Dico's car. Well let us know how
you get on Newbie, whether you buy it or not come back and let us know either way, be great to hear the details.

It's not you that's selling it by any chance is it?.......
Jamie N
Seal God

Postby Rambo » Wed 10.03.2021, 11:28

Advert says it has "new Federal spec 16" Alloy Wheels" They look like S2 wheels to me
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Wed 10.03.2021, 12:44

Rambo wrote:Advert says it has "new Federal spec 16" Alloy Wheels" They look like S2 wheels to me

Having spoken with Monsieur Dico about this, there are a few discrepancies in the description between the state of the car when it left him, until now.

Some items may (of course) have been changed, but some clearly haven't (Like the S2 wheels you mentioned, Mark).

Obviously, it was all Pac Blue when he sold it (even his taste isn't that "different"), the wheels are S2, the turbo upgrade is one of LGMs finest, and the claim of 'capable of 200bhp' is best considered a "conservative" estimate.

The description of the brakes is not as they were when sold, and a couple of other things.....

I would suggest that any potential owner takes it for a good drive before agreeing a price - it wasn't known as "The Beast" for nothing, and may not be the 'easiest' Elan to drive and/or live with on a daily basis.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Rambo » Wed 10.03.2021, 14:33

Totally agree Dave. There are a few discrepancies in the advert and, as you say, may not be the easiest M100 to live with on a daily basis.

No mention of when the cambelt and associated bits and pieces were last changed so something to factor into the price.

Incidentally, no current MOT. It failed on 04 March for rear brake imbalance problems and also CO emissions. Common problems but I am surprised these have failed after the re-commissioning work
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby ElanX4 » Tue 30.03.2021, 20:04

Is this car known to LEC? Looks like a nice example.

A normally aspirated model. Do they tend to go for less than SE’s? Power steering was an option I think?

Why leave all those wires hanging down if it’s so easy to fix? One of the indicator/side lights is on the wrong way round.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing ... d=11081987
ElanX4

Postby clemo » Wed 31.03.2021, 19:17

ElanX4 wrote:Is this car known to LEC? Looks like a nice example.

A normally aspirated model. Do they tend to go for less than SE’s? Power steering was an option I think?

Why leave all those wires hanging down if it’s so easy to fix? One of the indicator/side lights is on the wrong way round.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing ... d=11081987

Looks like a nice example .
Few things a pick up on . Early car as it has the internal hood belt clip ( shown removed late on in a picture) , but not opera glass lights , so gives it a later date .. the 2 fight against each other but only for nerds like me.
I don't think the alarm works , they may mention this in the write up , but i seldom read these - as it full of padded out production faf with "the market" . I say no alarm as the original keys have been lost . check the keys in the ignition picture. No key fob , aftermarket keys. As for the alarm hanging down , well there is usually a stack of wires behind there . if the alarm has been taken out then no surprise its a mess. Rest of it all looks good. inline fan switch , always a good idea. As with any Elan Se NA , check the wishbones and as with all check the sills.
As for the N/A bit . great cars . can keep up with the best of them ... Better final drive. When they are turbo lagging the NA is still pulling. I had a fun run with all the n/a-y sayers up to the lakes yonks ago. Would i have another one . Absolutely .
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Rambo » Mon 05.04.2021, 09:19

The blue N/A sold for only £7051 :shock:

I suspect someone got a very good bargain :smt023
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby M100_DMM » Thu 08.04.2021, 20:42

Rambo wrote:The blue N/A sold for only £7051 :shock:

It's just been listed on Car & Classic for £9750.
Serial Elan owner: 2002 - 2012. I may yet buy another one...
M100_DMM
Fanatic

Postby tb10 » Fri 09.04.2021, 00:25

M100_DMM wrote: It's just been listed on Car & Classic for £9750.

Along with the obligatory BS:

“ Very Very reluctant sale..” having only just bought it (unless it wasn’t actually sold at auction) and “ One of only 129 rare non turbos so lower insurance and mega MPG with 130bhp!”

Not sure if they “actually know” what MPG it does if they are the new post-auction owners but it cannot be described “mega”...surely?
tb10
God

Postby Rambo » Fri 09.04.2021, 07:41

Just another punter looking to make a quick tax free buck.

"Very Very reluctant sale" Obviously not one as it's being sold within a week of the auction :?

Hey, its in your neck of the woods John. Another one for you to love and cherish :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby ElanX4 » Tue 13.04.2021, 16:08

Rambo wrote:The blue N/A sold for only £7051 :shock:

They sure did.

I wanted to go and view it but had the CV vaccine the week of the auction and felt rough for a few days so couldn't go.

Was keen to bid as saw it was at £7051 with just 10 minutes to go, but think its best to be able to view and test drive a car before buying.
ElanX4

Postby Rambo » Tue 13.04.2021, 18:58

I actually sent the owner and auction house a text saying if it didn't achieve its reserve to send me an e mail or text. At that kind of price and for that condition of car I was prepared to go blind. Its minor problems could have been easily sorted

I got no e mail or text so assumed someone had snapped up a bargain. I had hoped it was a true M100 enthusiast rather than a money grabbing profit maker :?
Rambo
Don't push me

Previous

Return to UK Elans - For Sale