ALL ELANS ON GUMTREE / CAR & CLASSIC

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

Re: ALL ELANS ON GUMTREE / CAR & CLASSIC

Postby clemo » Mon 27.03.2017, 17:37

Lotus Racing Green ... looks like British racing green But hey ...
they should know

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C851927
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Nickydee » Mon 27.03.2017, 18:27

Josht wrote:Advertising this on gumtree for a friend. Great looking M100 in Calypso Red, 72000 miles on the clock. He has had the car for about 6 years and covered about 2000 miles since owning it. It has sailed through its MOT each year and comes with a full service History and full documentation going right back to 92'.

Below is the link on gumtree.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicle ... 1226160661

If anyone is interested please get in touch and id be happy to arrange a viewing. Car is located near Carnaby, east Yorkshire.
any one time
Cheers Josh

Call me cynical but I always feel that "advertising for a friend" is euphemism for " I am dealer masquerading as a private individual". I am sure Josh you are genuine but listing more than car on Gumtree at one time and not mentioning in any of the ads that you are advertising on behalf on a friend but posting this info on here doesn't fill me with confidence.
Nickydee
Fanatic

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 27.03.2017, 21:00

clemo wrote:Lotus Racing Green ... looks like British racing green But hey ...
they should know

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C851927

Has it been resprayed then? 'British Racing Green' on S2 Price List I was sent when they were just being released. Don't think they added another, be silly to have another green so close :lol:

S2 Options.jpg

[Please note it's also 'Norfolk Mustard' - not 'Norfolk Mustard Yellow' that appears frequently on here ].
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Elan+"S.... and now a Collapso SE
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby clemo » Mon 27.03.2017, 21:34

My S2 is B21 Lotus Racing Green Metallic
Nige's S2 is B04 British racing green
Pinky's S2 (colour) is B16 Empire Green Metallic

That car looks like B04 as it doesn't seem to look metallic .. though it could just be the photos .
Me just being picky . ( and it helps me remember cars sold )
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Josht » Thu 06.04.2017, 10:49

Nickydee wrote:
Josht wrote:Advertising this on gumtree for a friend. Great looking M100 in Calypso Red, 72000 miles on the clock. He has had the car for about 6 years and covered about 2000 miles since owning it. It has sailed through its MOT each year and comes with a full service History and full documentation going right back to 92'.

Below is the link on gumtree.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicle ... 1226160661

If anyone is interested please get in touch and id be happy to arrange a viewing. Car is located near Carnaby, east Yorkshire.
any one time
Cheers Josh

Call me cynical but I always feel that "advertising for a friend" is euphemism for " I am dealer masquerading as a private individual". I am sure Josh you are genuine but listing more than car on Gumtree at one time and not mentioning in any of the ads that you are advertising on behalf on a friend but posting this info on here doesn't fill me with confidence.

Haha I shall call you cynical then. I think I would be the worst dealer in the world with stock of a 1991 Mercedes worth £1000 as my other car. Offered to help out my uncle to sell his old Merc as webuyanycar offered him £650, next day get a call off one of his friends saying can I list his M100 for him. Its listed at £6600 as he is owed the best part of that on the car but from looking prices seem to vary lots. Any suggestions on price for me. I listed it on ebay as a classified add yesterday aswell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-M1 ... SwU8hY5OGa

Cheers
Josht

Postby TrevorB » Fri 01.09.2017, 19:42

Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Rambo » Fri 01.09.2017, 19:50

Looks a nice tidy car with lots of work done in the last few years so there shouldn't be any major surprises cone the next MOT in Oct. I would want a 12 month ticket with it though.

Looks like the header tank has had a recent boil over :?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby CalElan » Fri 01.09.2017, 20:13

When I read --
'Soft top no leaks'

I think ooh you little fibber, what else is too good to be true!
CalElan
Enthusiast

Postby Rambo » Fri 01.09.2017, 20:29

Not sure about the " the exhaust sounds fantastic " comment either. It looks like a bog standard KwikShit exhaust rather than a nice S/S Piper, Peco, PNM etc...

Still, from the photos it looks a nice clean example and I'd definitely have a look if I was in the market for a white M100
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Lotusman33 » Fri 01.09.2017, 21:32

I have always liked the White Elans although you struggle to beat NMY, I owned a cracking White SE about 10 years ago with a full soft black leather retrim which cost £3000.
This looks like a nice car and well worth a look, I actually quite like half leather as well.

Dave :)
Silver Development Car IB10
Lotusman33
Tinkerer

Postby simonbuk » Mon 18.09.2017, 15:20

Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby Rambo » Tue 19.09.2017, 22:57

simonbuk wrote:Bit of a project for somebody ?!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lotus/lotus-e ... 1266218580

£2450 ??? Rather ambitious I think ??? It looks totally shagged on the outside so goodness knows what it looks like underneath or in the engine bay. I suspect it will be staying jacked up on its pallet and piles of stones in Ireland for a long time to come :? Not even Dapinky would touch that one :lol:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Wed 20.09.2017, 10:10

Rambo wrote: .... Not even Dapinky would touch that one :lol:

You're right, Mark. It looks more like a breaker than a mender - but it's a long way to travel to find out.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Rambo » Wed 20.09.2017, 13:49

Isn't it sad when you see an unloved minger like that red one ? The guy is looking to swap it for a chavvy Nova if he can't sell it for cash :? :?

Compare that one to Clemos red one for a couple of hundred quid more. Chalk and cheese

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=26298
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Tuga2112 » Thu 07.06.2018, 07:31

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... ntent=none

came in my alerts this morning.
i like the color , even with the black bits.
was wondering if the air scoop looking things behind the seats work like the wind deflectors some of you fit ?
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby muley » Thu 07.06.2018, 08:10

Tuga2112 wrote:https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/lotus-m100-in-volcano-orange/1301696096?utm_source=savedsearches&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GT.TRIGGER.SA&utm_content=none&utm_source=savedsearches&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GT.TRIGGER.SA&utm_content=none

was wondering if the air scoop looking things behind the seats work like the wind deflectors some of you fit ?

Keeps popping up. Never sells. Hardly surprising. Excuse me while I vomit.

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby Jamie N » Thu 07.06.2018, 08:24

muley wrote:
Tuga2112 wrote:https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/lotus-m100-in-volcano-orange/1301696096?utm_source=savedsearches&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GT.TRIGGER.SA&utm_content=none&utm_source=savedsearches&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GT.TRIGGER.SA&utm_content=none

Jim

I wonder though.. If that had been one of the rarer factory colours would it not be highly prized?, take away all the chav stuff
and imagine it as a fairly standard example it might not be too bad.

As it sits... well... definitely not for me!, but who thinks its awesome? surely someone?, as they say... there's a bum for every seat.:D .
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler

Postby Rambo » Thu 07.06.2018, 09:33

muley wrote:

Jim

:smt078
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Rambo » Thu 07.06.2018, 09:41

Jamie N wrote:
muley wrote:

Jim

I wonder though.. If that had been one of the rarer factory colours would it not be highly prized?, take away all the chav stuff
and imagine it as a fairly standard example it might not be too bad.

As it sits... well... definitely not for me!, but who thinks its awesome? surely someone?, as they say... there's a bum for every seat.:D .

C'mon Jamie. Plenty of chavs in Rawshyte and the rest of Fifeshire. You could make a few bucks out of this one. Take it up to Knockhill, put some furry orange dice in the window, a Test Pilots Wanted sticker and the 1st to see will buy ;-)
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Fredjohn » Thu 07.06.2018, 11:30

Post deleted see ebay sales
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

PreviousNext

Return to UK Elans - For Sale