Lotus Elan Development car IB10

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Lotus Elan Development car IB10

Postby Lotusman33 » Sun 24.09.2017, 12:49

Lotus Elan Initial Build 10 - Factory Development car - Last Elan to leave Hethel?

IMG_0720.JPG

Nearly 34000 miles
Registered in 1996 on a 'P' plate as new this very rare collectors Elan was one of the 10 initial builds, hand built to test the production line in 1989.
This example was removed from the line and held by Lotus until 1996 when it was sold off at the end of Bugatti's ownership.
During its time in Lotus ownership it was taken from the line by powertrain engineering and emissions where it was handed to Roger Becker and John Miles. It was then used to develop the closed loop system for federal export models along with power and suspension modifications, the car was built to press car standard and used at the factory to demonstrate the model to VIP's.
Later in life the car was used to develop the S2 and ended its factory life in the design studios dressed in prototype coupe set up.
The Elan has a modified factory ECU and wastegate, it sits on development suspension springs from its federal development days.

The Elan is in great condition with excellent seals, roof, interior and superb paintwork. The chassis is also very good with perfect outriggers and A posts. Chassis treated with Dynax S50 cavity protection.

Nardi steering wheel and original tool kit.

S2 Spec with very low mileage and recent MOT with no advisories.

This is a unique opportunity to buy a rare collectors car which can only appreciate in value.

Factory Heritage certificate included and letter from Lotus to DVLA confirming cars identity and development status.

Car will now be in storage from Mid October until spring where the suspension will be rebuilt with refurbished UK spec equipment and 4 wheel alignment, new tyres and fresh service/MOT.

Dave :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Development Car IB10
Lotusman33
Tinkerer

Re: Lotus Elan Development car IB10

Postby JusNoGood » Sun 14.01.2018, 22:15

Hi Dave,

I'm looking for a M100 and saw your advert. I've sent you a message from car and classic but the guys here pointed out you're a member, & Rambo pointed me to this Ad.

Could you please send me some new pictures showing the UK suspension and aligned bonnet please? Could you please also send me a photo of the proof you have that it's special.

Are you and the car still located in Plymouth? Are you close to a train station? Trying to work out how I'd get down from Reigate to see the car.

Regards

Justin
JusNoGood

Return to UK Elans - For Sale