Guinness BoR @ Hethel - probably now Donington

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Postby Gary » Sat 05.11.2005, 16:10

I knew that would get comment from you. That is why I want to be sure to book this in first :lol:
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
Gary
God

Postby Paul.P » Sat 05.11.2005, 18:14

Don't like to dissapoint matey :lol:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God

Postby Stef » Mon 07.11.2005, 12:30

URGENT!

I have an A3 poster design that needs to be printed for Stonleigh.

Can anyone here do a couple for me on a good colour printer?

Cheers!
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby Sy V » Mon 07.11.2005, 12:40

I can do A3 Stef e-mail them to me...when you get your arse out of the meeting you're in!

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant
Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby Gary » Mon 07.11.2005, 13:01

What some people on here work ??
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
Gary
God

Postby Stef » Mon 07.11.2005, 14:37

Yep. Some people do.

I have 2 greedy little sports cars constantly demanding my money and affection. Gotta bring the dollar in from somewhere!

Cheers Sy! :)
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef

Postby Paul.P » Mon 07.11.2005, 18:11

Good job your not a man then Stef, or you would have two sportscars & a greedy woman to pay for :lol:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God

Postby Stef » Mon 14.11.2005, 20:58

Following on from speaking to a few people at Stonleigh it seems the best 2 suggestions are the Mexican wave of headlights or something like a silly relay (short distance between cars) to pass something like a plate of spaghetti.

I like the idea of having something silly combined in the attempt even if it doesn't form part of the actual record. ie wearing Mexican hats for the Mex wave or dressing silly in some form.

Whatever the record attempt I hope to also combine a few other things for us to do, mainly to make use of the track and photo opportunities.

Hopefully some kind soul can start a poll on the relay and wave attempt but please fire in anyother suggestions. There are likely to be limitations on track use, mainly speed on the track. Usual H&S and liability panics.

Can we reach a decision by say 25 Nov? Then I can draft a GBoR proposal to be posted and agreed.

Once again, any connections of insiders with the GBoR or media would be great!

Good interest seems to have been raised from non LEC Elan owners which is excellent. I have spoken to Tony and he hopes to create a quick link for newbies to use and keep updated through.

If, and I really hope there aren't roblems, if there are delays then the attempt may be postponed to 2007. Also if Hethel pull out another venue will need to be found and something like Top Gears track would be a cool alternative. My next step is to contact them to raise interest for coverage and suss chances on using their facilities.

Thanks for your interest and support, lets hope all goes well for us!
Stef

Postby Liz » Tue 15.11.2005, 22:19

If anyone wonders what the 'moved' bit is about on the UK - events board, that would be because this event has gotten its own board :wink:
Liz
Site Designer

Postby schurch » Wed 16.11.2005, 11:09

This is a great idea. I'll definately be there.

I rather like the idea of a relay or the longest parade of a single type of car or something along those lines as the idea. Also, not fond of the spagetti idea... its inviting trouble... naimly, dropping/throwing/eating of said spagetti.
schurch
Enthusiast

Postby Stef » Wed 16.11.2005, 13:19

Could add in meatballs if you'd prefer?? :P
Stef

Postby TStevens » Wed 16.11.2005, 13:51

I cant say I'd like the idea of Clemo passing me his meaty balls.
TStevens
God

Postby schurch » Wed 16.11.2005, 14:15

Do we have a date for this yet? Mainly I want to know wether its going to interfere with the world cup.

Sorry -the above post is mine. Dunno quite what happened there... :smt017 (fixed for you, login first)
schurch
Enthusiast

Postby TStevens » Wed 16.11.2005, 14:30

schurch wrote:Do we have a date for this yet? Mainly I want to know wether its going to interfere with the world cup.

Hmmm you mean football?... the 'Manly' :gray: sport, that involves watching a load of guys in tight shorts running around after a lump of leather for 90minutes, followed by 'Manly' hugs and bottom patting, as well as showertime fun?.... No thanks, I'll take the Elan meet any day.
TStevens
God

Postby Liz » Wed 16.11.2005, 14:33

you really don't know what fun is when you see it.. do you? :P

Football is fun! I'd rather go see the world cup than go to a car show.. GBoR or not :D.
You're just strange. Wanna come see a football match with me, Tony? :lol:
Liz
Site Designer

Postby robp » Wed 16.11.2005, 23:10

I'm definatly interested in attending, just give me plenty of notice regardless of date.
robp

Largest Game of Snooker!!!

Postby chris.t » Thu 17.11.2005, 09:23

It might be a little too much but how about reenacting Ronnie o'sullivans last 147 break in snooker. Get an airfield somewhere mark it out as a giant snooker table. We've got all the colours except 'pink' emmmm maybe not :wink:

If that is too much what about pool yellows and reds?

Might be too much to organise but it might throw up some other ideas.

Trivial pursuit, Backgammon??
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby Stef » Thu 17.11.2005, 09:56

We will be restricted on space and use of track.

I know we would all love to burn rubber round our cars firts taste of tarmac but I can't see Hethel allowing it. Nor donutting! :smt064 prods certain people to pay attention ;-)

If we can think of a colour related theme then great but it has to include equally all colours. We could of course combine whatever we do into a colour co-ordinated theme. I'd also like to throw in something silly for added fun factor but these things can be arranged after the proposal is submitted.

Keep the ideas and votes coming folks! :smt026
Stef

Postby Stef » Mon 21.11.2005, 13:13

BUMP! Brick wall hit :banghead:

Hethel usually charge for track use £1200 plus VAT

They also need us to have £10M Employers Liability and £5M Public and Product Liability Insurance cover.

Now the track cost MAY be waived but Hethel all a long have not exactly been jumping to help us or use the publicity potentials avaiable.

Does anyone here know about getting insurance for this? :smt100

Now I was also going to introduce a charity element to the event and was thinking of Cancer Research UK. Are people happy for this and will it make a difference to getting the insurances etc?
Stef

Postby theelanman » Mon 21.11.2005, 13:32

£10M Employers Liability and £5M Public and Product Liability Insurance

not sure about this as the 'club' is a non profit making organisation and we dont employ anyone......we are a bunch of private individuals who meets of our own free will........

if its anything like oulton park we get to go round that for free......basically the speeds are kept to under the 100mph and you sign the usual discaimer that if you crash its not oultons fault and you'll need to pay for getting your car home (if its not drivable!!)......

wouldnt you just need to check 'track day use' with your insurance company and then give proof of this insurance to hethel as proof of individual insurance as we dont have 'group' insurance

just a thought
cheers
Gareth
theelanman

PreviousNext

Return to Guinness BoR