Venue change - Donington

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Venue change - Donington

Postby Stef » Mon 09.01.2006, 14:52

As most are probably now aware the venue for our record attempt/s will now probably change to Donington.

Reasons?
More central location.
Already attracts a large number of M100 Elans to the annual parts fair.
Could add to the show for the other Lotus owners and raise the Elan's profile.
Hethel are not being very co-operative.

I have just sent an email to a few Donington employees to inform them of our aims and request assistance.

Donington parts fair is held generally every March and the 2006 event can be used well to promote a targeted 2007 record breaking attempts.

I hope you will all be happy with this change!
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby Sy V » Mon 09.01.2006, 15:33

Excellent.

Just remember it's a CL event though so Alan Morgan will have to be onboard too.

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant
Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby Nige » Mon 09.01.2006, 16:14

Excellent idea, I hope Donington are more co-operative than Hethel and that we can make this a reality. I'm happy to assist as necessary.

Being a pedant here so please forgive me but Donington in March is the Club Lotus Show, Stoneleigh in Nov is the Parts Fair. It's only terminology but they are different events and people have different expectations of them as I know only too well from Stoneleigh, and I never cease to be amazed at how easily some people become confused :shock: .
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby theelanman » Mon 09.01.2006, 16:33

probably due to the fact that both events involve buying bits for your car!!!
lets face it the show content of the 'club lotus show' at donny is erm....a bit...erm....'limp' for want of a better word

:shock:
theelanman

Postby Nige » Mon 09.01.2006, 17:23

Fair call but I was mildly suprised at how many people told me that Stoneleigh wasn't like Donington :? . Not suprising really, different venue for starters :D .
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby chris.t » Mon 09.01.2006, 18:42

Is there a general concensus as to what record we will be attempting??
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby Stef » Mon 09.01.2006, 18:43

I'm not a member of CL so could someone either give me his contact details or take on the responsibility of contacting him?

Point taken on the event name. I'll remember to associate it to a CL event from now.
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Return to Guinness BoR