Page 1 of 2

Croft 24th May

PostPosted: Tue 08.04.2008, 20:52
by abmunro
Booked my 1st track day .

Will be going to Croft on 24th May with Lotus on Track.


:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

PostPosted: Tue 08.04.2008, 23:48
by Monty
You guys are killing me, i`m bloody skint at the mo :cry: with this one and David JT with Anglesey :roll:

Don`t think i`ll beable to do both :?

Take it you`ve booked with LoT! At least i`ll be insured on this one :lol:

Re: Croft 24th May

PostPosted: Wed 09.04.2008, 07:47
by Rambo
Monty wrote:Take it you've booked with LoT!


I'll give you a clue :shock:

abmunro wrote:Will be going to Croft on 24th May with Lotus on Track.


Come on Monty - even I got that one :twisted:

Re: Croft 24th May

PostPosted: Wed 09.04.2008, 08:07
by Dave Eds
abmunro wrote:Booked my 1st track day .

Will be going to Croft on 24th May with Lotus on Track.


:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D


Videos and photos please Tony :wink:

Does Nicky get a pax ride?

Re: Croft 24th May

PostPosted: Wed 09.04.2008, 10:34
by Monty
Rambo wrote:
Monty wrote:Take it you've booked with LoT!


I'll give you a clue :shock:

abmunro wrote:Will be going to Croft on 24th May with Lotus on Track.


Come on Monty - even I got that one :twisted:


I must off been stressed out with my own thread on the steering wheel at the time on typing that :smt081

There`s 6 places left so i`ll wait a bit longer to see if i can scrape a few quid together :cry:

Re: Croft 24th May

PostPosted: Wed 09.04.2008, 21:53
by abmunro
Dave Eds wrote:
abmunro wrote:
Does Nicky get a pax ride?


Yes she is coming with me. Guess she will slow me down though...

I've bought one of those Timer type things that tell you lap times and power etc.

Can't think of the name. Minds gone blank.

Re: Croft 24th May

PostPosted: Wed 09.04.2008, 23:13
by Monty
abmunro wrote:
Dave Eds wrote:
abmunro wrote:
Does Nicky get a pax ride?


Yes she is coming with me. Guess she will slow me down though...

I've bought one of those Timer type things that tell you lap times and power etc.

Can't think of the name. Minds gone blank.


whoa, do not use any type of timing device! You will be banned from trackdays. There absolutely strict on this as it`s not a timed event.

One of the NORLOG guys was caught timing on a Book a Track days and he was banned from there days. He wasn`t even driving but he was on the pit wall :roll:

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 16:22
by abmunro
Thanks for the warning.

It's made by Racelogic. So thats a waste of £350 then.

Won't bring it

Cheers Monty!!!!!

I did think it may not be allowed as its suction cup fitting to windscreen and I heard you saying suction cup camera mounts were not allowed.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 16:51
by chris.t
Tony, video your laps using a bullet cam setup and then look at the times on the screen :smt023

edir/ those racelogic things are good, yours got launch control??

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 20:48
by abmunro
No I didn't buy any of the add ons

This is all I bought


http://www.performancebox.co.uk/overview.html

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 21:44
by Nige
Tony, enjoy it, but careful it can become addictive. Don't get caught timing, very bad.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 21:57
by Enright
Perhaps someone could keep an eye out for a clock/stopwatch that could be fitted in place of the usual clock.

It would be great if we could find something inkeeping with the style/layout that was more multi-function.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 22:52
by Monty
Enright wrote:Perhaps someone could keep an eye out for a clock/stopwatch that could be fitted in place of the usual clock.

It would be great if we could find something inkeeping with the style/layout that was more multi-function.



I can not stress enough that this is a big No No on any trackday, if they see you pressing something as your going round the track you could be black flagged to see what your doing. If you are caught you will be banned and your name could be passed on to other TDO`s. So please don`t be encouraging people with talk of stopwatch/clocks etc

Even when the race drivers take there cars on a trackday they have to turn off there transponders as the circuit knows when they have them turned on.

The only place you`ll get away with timing is at the Ring, or you could take up competition ie hill climbs, sprints or circuit racing.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2008, 23:08
by Nige
The insurance clauses that operate with track day days require them to be non-competitive. Any form of timing makes an event competitive and thus invalidates all insurance for both participants (if you had any) and organisers. I say again don't even think about timing in any form at the track day, if caught, you will be banned to protect the organisers.

PostPosted: Thu 17.04.2008, 19:02
by chris.t
abmunro wrote:Thanks for the warning.

It's made by Racelogic. So thats a waste of £350 then.

Won't bring it

Cheers Monty!!!!!

I did think it may not be allowed as its suction cup fitting to windscreen and I heard you saying suction cup camera mounts were not allowed.

I have just downloaded the software for this device, i take it its the DL/1? I have also downloaded some data files to check it out. Its a fantastic bit of kit. Have a look at it Monty, I think you'll be impressed.

PostPosted: Thu 17.04.2008, 21:17
by rip
Enright wrote:Perhaps someone could keep an eye out for a clock/stopwatch that could be fitted in place of the usual clock.

So you won't be able to see it anyway :-D

PostPosted: Fri 18.04.2008, 11:12
by abmunro
I see how people can't afford to many of these.

Day £130

Insurance / day £120

Fuel £80 ?

possibly Tyres / pads etc

It all adds up..

PostPosted: Fri 18.04.2008, 11:28
by chris.t
abmunro wrote:I see how people can't afford to many of these.

Day £130

Insurance / day £120

Fuel £80 ?

possibly Tyres / pads etc

It all adds up..


I have said before that a track mile is the equivalent to 10 road miles. You should average around 16mpg on track and then you've got to get there and back. If its a sessioned trackday you'll use less fuel.

Whats the deal on your insurance? My ins co simply say the excess goes to 10% or £1000 whatever is greater.

PostPosted: Fri 18.04.2008, 12:35
by abmunro
chris.t wrote:
abmunro wrote:I see how people can't afford to many of these.

Day £130

Insurance / day £120

Fuel £80 ?

possibly Tyres / pads etc

It all adds up..


I have said before that a track mile is the equivalent to 10 road miles. You should average around 16mpg on track and then you've got to get there and back. If its a sessioned trackday you'll use less fuel.

Whats the deal on your insurance? My ins co simply say the excess goes to 10% or £1000 whatever is greater.



Excatly the same...

PostPosted: Fri 18.04.2008, 14:14
by Monty
If it`s a LoT day then i`m covered by my insurance (Classic Line) for free and my agreed valuation still stands even on trackdays :-D

Yep, trackdays can be costly. I did 10 last year and this year i`ve only done one :cry: I try and do the cheaper trackdays ie in the colder months, like there`s an Oulton Park day in october for £99 :-D in the summer it would be £225 :shock:

I want to do croft but can`t afford it at the mo :cry: