Are we comparable with elise on the track/road?

Posted:
Fri 11.07.2008, 05:49
by joop
Just wondering...are we comparable with elise on the track/road?
Anyone have any experience to share?


Posted:
Fri 11.07.2008, 06:10
by tweetdriver63
I haven't driven an Elise, and I also haven't done any track time in my Elan yet, but based on what I read here over a period of time, I'd say the Elan is better on the road, and the Elise is better on the track. I think the cars were designed with those tendencies built in. The Elan was meant to be more road-friendly and accessible to mortals, while the Elise is much more of a street-legal race car.
Please, somebody with actual firsthand knowledge, jump in anytime.

Posted:
Fri 11.07.2008, 07:03
by Enright
See here:
http://lotuselancentral.com/forum/viewt ... ight=elise
Monty and Nige have had a lot of experience of them on track - try doing a search for posts by either of them containing the word "elise" and you should get loads of results.
If you have any further questions perhaps you could add to one of the existing topics about it...?