What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby chris.t » Mon 08.12.2008, 21:20

Just thought I'd ask, probably going to do Bedford on 14/2 but I'm quite interested in some of the french tracks that LoT have got on their site.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Monty » Tue 09.12.2008, 00:14

The way things are at the moment! NONE :cry:
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby chris.t » Tue 09.12.2008, 10:13

Monty wrote:The way things are at the moment! NONE :cry:

there's some cheapies in France - you could make a bit of a holiday of it!
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Monty » Tue 09.12.2008, 12:44

I do fancy another trip to France and Dico did say the same thing, but with the money situation and the Dam Group buys never stopping lol + another suspension upgrade on the cards i may have to stick to the UK circuits.

Lets see what turns up on the LoT Calender next year.
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby chris.t » Tue 09.12.2008, 13:47

I hear what you're saying buttttttttttt there are 2 track days in France on Aug 21 and 23, do both for £165. So that will be travel down on the thursday, track day friday, free day saturday, track day sunday, travel back on the monday. Looks like quite a good deal to me.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Monty » Wed 17.12.2008, 22:06

Chris,

Depending on money What about Spa,Thursday 1st October?
Normally LoT do Spa with Autotrack but this time they`ve booked an exclusive day and states Lotus cars only :-D
http://www.lotus-on-track.com/lotshop/i ... 6aeec14b52

also the Elise Trophy is on that weekend, give us something to watch
Spa Francorchamps - 2-4 Oct (Spa Racing Festival)


Lets see how the year pans out :wink:
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby chris.t » Wed 17.12.2008, 22:16

fair doos mate, i've always wanted to do Spa but i would like to do it in the VX. but hey as you say lets see how it pans out :-D
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby XiPHiAS » Thu 18.12.2008, 00:28

I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009
1994 Lotus Elan S2 #131 // Lotus Elan M100 S2 Registry
http://www.lotusforum.be :: Benelux Lotus Community
Ypres Lotus Day - International Lotus gathering & tour
User avatar
XiPHiAS
Fanatic
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon 16.07.2007, 17:52
Location: Belgium

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby chris.t » Thu 18.12.2008, 10:17

XiPHiAS wrote:I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Spa is just down the road from you then
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Rambo » Thu 18.12.2008, 12:53

I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby chris.t » Thu 18.12.2008, 14:06

Rambo wrote:I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

you never fancied having a thrash then Mark :poke:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Monty » Thu 18.12.2008, 20:15

chris.t wrote:
Rambo wrote:I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

you never fancied having a thrash then Mark :poke:


No, he nearly had a heart attack a few years ago in Jock Land when he went for an overtake :smt081 think that put him off using his right foot :-D


XiPHiAS wrote:I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Be good to meet me up oneday, LoT do quite a few trackdays in Europe.
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Rambo » Thu 18.12.2008, 22:14

chris.t wrote:
Rambo wrote:I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

you never fancied having a thrash then Mark :poke:


Yes Chris - but only in a car with better brakes. Without Hi Spec's or AP I think I would struggle a bit.

I may actually go to Knockhill next year and get some tuition from an expert on braking, racing lines, overtaking procedures etc..

As Monty quite rightly said, I had a brown trouser moment a few years ago in Jockland when I was trying to overtake on a tightening left hander over a narrowing bridge :shock: No disasters luckily but his windscreen got a bit spattered LOL
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby trig » Thu 18.12.2008, 22:16

I'm hoping to do a few track days in 2009 , the first will be at Castle Combe on there Action Day on the 25th of April

Does anyone else from here go to combe on there action days? , I've been doing these these track days at Combe for three years now and don't think I have ever seen a Elan there ,,,, I've been using a big old Saab for the last few years and can't wait to use the nimble Elan on track for the first time 8)
User avatar
trig
Fanatic
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed 13.08.2008, 19:37
Location: Bristol

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby XiPHiAS » Fri 19.12.2008, 06:15

chris.t wrote:
XiPHiAS wrote:I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Spa is just down the road from you then

2u30min ... so not so close ;-)
1994 Lotus Elan S2 #131 // Lotus Elan M100 S2 Registry
http://www.lotusforum.be :: Benelux Lotus Community
Ypres Lotus Day - International Lotus gathering & tour
User avatar
XiPHiAS
Fanatic
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon 16.07.2007, 17:52
Location: Belgium

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Nige » Fri 19.12.2008, 09:59

trig wrote:I'm hoping to do a few track days in 2009 , the first will be at Castle Combe on there Action Day on the 25th of April

Does anyone else from here go to combe on there action days? , I've been doing these these track days at Combe for three years now and don't think I have ever seen a Elan there ,,,, I've been using a big old Saab for the last few years and can't wait to use the nimble Elan on track for the first time 8)


If you do the Club Lotus Track Day at Castle Combe (usually the Saturday of the Late May Bank Holiday weekend) you'll see plenty of Lotus cars on track and usually a few Elans amongst them.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby dapinky » Fri 19.12.2008, 19:27

trig wrote:Does anyone else from here go to combe on there action days? , I've been doing these these track days at Combe for three years now and don't think I have ever seen a Elan there ,,,, I've been using a big old Saab for the last few years and can't wait to use the nimble Elan on track for the first time 8)


I can often be found getting laughed at by the 'Boi Racers' when i turn up in the old Dolomite..........


.....then i get to laugh at them on the track........

.....they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an old fat bald bloke going past them at stupid speeds :twisted:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 19.12.2008, 21:40

dapinky wrote:.....they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an stupid old fat bald bloke going past them at speed :twisted:

Image
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Nige » Fri 19.12.2008, 21:52

dapinky wrote:they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an old fat bald bloke going past them at stupid speeds :twisted:


:-D
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

Postby Monty » Fri 19.12.2008, 22:10

dapinky wrote:
I can often be found getting laughed at by the 'Boi Racers' when i turn up in the old Dolomite..........


.....then i get to laugh at them on the track........

.....they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an old fat bald bloke going past them at stupid speeds :twisted:



:smt082

Seen your Avatar on Facebook and i think the Dolly looks cool 8) and would love to see it go round the track :-D
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Next

Return to Circuits & Track Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest