Page 1 of 2

What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Mon 08.12.2008, 21:20
by chris.t
Just thought I'd ask, probably going to do Bedford on 14/2 but I'm quite interested in some of the french tracks that LoT have got on their site.

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Tue 09.12.2008, 00:14
by Monty
The way things are at the moment! NONE :cry:

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Tue 09.12.2008, 10:13
by chris.t
Monty wrote:The way things are at the moment! NONE :cry:

there's some cheapies in France - you could make a bit of a holiday of it!

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Tue 09.12.2008, 12:44
by Monty
I do fancy another trip to France and Dico did say the same thing, but with the money situation and the Dam Group buys never stopping lol + another suspension upgrade on the cards i may have to stick to the UK circuits.

Lets see what turns up on the LoT Calender next year.

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Tue 09.12.2008, 13:47
by chris.t
I hear what you're saying buttttttttttt there are 2 track days in France on Aug 21 and 23, do both for £165. So that will be travel down on the thursday, track day friday, free day saturday, track day sunday, travel back on the monday. Looks like quite a good deal to me.

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Wed 17.12.2008, 22:06
by Monty
Chris,

Depending on money What about Spa,Thursday 1st October?
Normally LoT do Spa with Autotrack but this time they`ve booked an exclusive day and states Lotus cars only :-D
http://www.lotus-on-track.com/lotshop/i ... 6aeec14b52

also the Elise Trophy is on that weekend, give us something to watch
Spa Francorchamps - 2-4 Oct (Spa Racing Festival)


Lets see how the year pans out :wink:

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Wed 17.12.2008, 22:16
by chris.t
fair doos mate, i've always wanted to do Spa but i would like to do it in the VX. but hey as you say lets see how it pans out :-D

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 00:28
by XiPHiAS
I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 10:17
by chris.t
XiPHiAS wrote:I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Spa is just down the road from you then

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 12:53
by Rambo
I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 14:06
by chris.t
Rambo wrote:I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

you never fancied having a thrash then Mark :poke:

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 20:15
by Monty
chris.t wrote:
Rambo wrote:I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

you never fancied having a thrash then Mark :poke:


No, he nearly had a heart attack a few years ago in Jock Land when he went for an overtake :smt081 think that put him off using his right foot :-D


XiPHiAS wrote:I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Be good to meet me up oneday, LoT do quite a few trackdays in Europe.

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 22:14
by Rambo
chris.t wrote:
Rambo wrote:I'll be doing as many as I did in 2008 ;-)

you never fancied having a thrash then Mark :poke:


Yes Chris - but only in a car with better brakes. Without Hi Spec's or AP I think I would struggle a bit.

I may actually go to Knockhill next year and get some tuition from an expert on braking, racing lines, overtaking procedures etc..

As Monty quite rightly said, I had a brown trouser moment a few years ago in Jockland when I was trying to overtake on a tightening left hander over a narrowing bridge :shock: No disasters luckily but his windscreen got a bit spattered LOL

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Thu 18.12.2008, 22:16
by trig
I'm hoping to do a few track days in 2009 , the first will be at Castle Combe on there Action Day on the 25th of April

Does anyone else from here go to combe on there action days? , I've been doing these these track days at Combe for three years now and don't think I have ever seen a Elan there ,,,, I've been using a big old Saab for the last few years and can't wait to use the nimble Elan on track for the first time 8)

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Fri 19.12.2008, 06:15
by XiPHiAS
chris.t wrote:
XiPHiAS wrote:I'm looking to so dome LOT trackdays in 2009

Spa is just down the road from you then

2u30min ... so not so close ;-)

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Fri 19.12.2008, 09:59
by Nige
trig wrote:I'm hoping to do a few track days in 2009 , the first will be at Castle Combe on there Action Day on the 25th of April

Does anyone else from here go to combe on there action days? , I've been doing these these track days at Combe for three years now and don't think I have ever seen a Elan there ,,,, I've been using a big old Saab for the last few years and can't wait to use the nimble Elan on track for the first time 8)


If you do the Club Lotus Track Day at Castle Combe (usually the Saturday of the Late May Bank Holiday weekend) you'll see plenty of Lotus cars on track and usually a few Elans amongst them.

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Fri 19.12.2008, 19:27
by dapinky
trig wrote:Does anyone else from here go to combe on there action days? , I've been doing these these track days at Combe for three years now and don't think I have ever seen a Elan there ,,,, I've been using a big old Saab for the last few years and can't wait to use the nimble Elan on track for the first time 8)


I can often be found getting laughed at by the 'Boi Racers' when i turn up in the old Dolomite..........


.....then i get to laugh at them on the track........

.....they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an old fat bald bloke going past them at stupid speeds :twisted:

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Fri 19.12.2008, 21:40
by GeoffSmith
dapinky wrote:.....they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an stupid old fat bald bloke going past them at speed :twisted:

Image

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Fri 19.12.2008, 21:52
by Nige
dapinky wrote:they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an old fat bald bloke going past them at stupid speeds :twisted:


:-D

Re: What Track Days are you doing in 2009?

PostPosted: Fri 19.12.2008, 22:10
by Monty
dapinky wrote:
I can often be found getting laughed at by the 'Boi Racers' when i turn up in the old Dolomite..........


.....then i get to laugh at them on the track........

.....they don't like a 37 year old car being driven by an old fat bald bloke going past them at stupid speeds :twisted:



:smt082

Seen your Avatar on Facebook and i think the Dolly looks cool 8) and would love to see it go round the track :-D