Page 1 of 1

No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Tue 27.01.2009, 17:47
by chris.t

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Wed 28.01.2009, 02:25
by theelanman
this always infuriates me.....as I bet the track has been there longer than the residents....
they tried this at oulton park a few years ago which is why sunday racing can never start before 12noon....
the rest of the time is unaffected but after this decision I fear that it may all start again...
why would you move next to a racing track if expected peace and quiet everyday of the week..... :censored:

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Wed 28.01.2009, 10:22
by abmunro
I totally agree.

I was hoping to do Croft again this year with LOT.

I used to work at a cokeworks that was closed because residents complained about it.

The cokeworks was there 40 years before any housing estates.

I signed a petition to try to save Croft.

I do hope to see descision overturned.

Did you read that the daughter of the couple used to be married to the Manager of Croft.

Sour grapes come to mind.

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Wed 28.01.2009, 11:02
by Rambo
People are now even complaining to Council's about the noise from church bells. FFS - from a church that's been there possibly hundreds of years. What's more the Councils are pandering to the minorities. Typical of the times and nanny state we live in I'm afraid. Bet they wouldn't even consider noise from churches and race tracks in France - they'd send you away with a courgette stuffed where the sun doesn't shine - sideways as well !!

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Wed 28.01.2009, 11:31
by theelanman
:censored:

:evil:

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Wed 28.01.2009, 11:52
by ailwyn
Interesting to see what impact this has on the local economy. Hard to see how the track can be a viable business if a large proportion of it's customs is removed.

The interesting comment there is that the family do not object to racing, only the track days WTF? Are trackdays that much louder than racing events? :? This just highlights how idiots can become judges.

Also noted in one of the comments is that the family had applied for permission to convert to a hotel (no doubt to capitalise on the visitors to the circuit).

If it does close then they should add to the employees final payslip the address of the people they should visit to find out why they are out of a job (not that there is probably anyone in the region that doesn't already know).

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Wed 28.01.2009, 17:49
by Monty
I`ve known about this for weeks, it`s been talked about on Piston Heads, Norlog & LoT. Very bad news indeed amd maybe the circuit owners should just buy them out but there does seem to be more to the story :?

abmunro wrote:
I do hope to see descision overturned.
etc

I believe the Appeal was not overturned :twisted:

So i`ll be doing a Croft day with LoT this year before the circuit is closed :cry:

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Fri 30.01.2009, 11:40
by Sy V
Castle Combe comes under the same pressure from its NIMBY residents too.

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

PostPosted: Fri 30.01.2009, 18:59
by chris.t
Goodwood is really tetchy too. They've got one local resident who will complain to the council at a moments notice. It makes me laugh because there is an airfield in the middle of the track which has copters and some aircraft which you can hold a conversation when they are taking off. The resident only complains about the cars though :roll:

LoT had a bad experience at Bedford last year when 13 cars were black flagged for noise and their day was over with no refund.

Thing is its the driveby noise level which catches everyone and to my knowledge I don't know how you can get that tested unless you go on a track day which will relinquish that info and that will be no good to you if you're booted off for noise.