Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Tue 28.04.2009, 20:01

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/help-for- ... t-26-c.asp

at an amazing track - just need to make sure you dont hit the tank traps :-)

I will be marshalling as well as driving

Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Charity track day "help for heroes"

Postby Specky » Tue 28.04.2009, 20:47

Simply bugger...

Infact double bugger..

I gonna Miss Castlecombe and now this one...:cry:

Good drills on being a marshal, hope you're not to busy, I feel some expensive mistakes are on the horozion...

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Re: Charity track day "help for heroes"

Postby Nige » Tue 28.04.2009, 21:38

Pretty close to me and a very worthy cause. I'm tempted to drive it (note spectators not allowed). Lets see what the take up is for LECer's, might be worth considering something social after the event if we have a few.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby Dave Eds » Tue 28.04.2009, 21:50

I've put the date in the title for clarity, being as it's for charity. :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Tue 28.04.2009, 22:09

Thanks Dave Didnt think of that doh!!!

Dave Eds wrote:I've put the date in the title for clarity, being as it's for charity. :wink:
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby dapinky » Wed 29.04.2009, 11:40

I'm with Specky on this one :(

I've just had to plead and grovel to get the day before off so I can do a trackday at Llandow - & the only way I could get it was to swap my Sunday with someone else!!!!!

This time last year my eldest was at Bovington doing his Tank Driver course - i got to be a pasenger in a Challenger for part of the circuit on the 'Parents & relatives' day!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Wed 29.04.2009, 12:24

Very Cool Dave - I am hoping to get a ride in a tank :-)
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby Nige » Wed 29.04.2009, 12:41

Last weekend at home before I go to Le Mans for the best part of a week so domestic permission is also an issue for me (along with the fact that I want a car at the end of it that will get me to Le Mans and back).
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby rob_J » Sun 03.05.2009, 08:32

Looks like I'll be doing this too.

GT3 probably too noisy based on sound limits, so it make well be the Elan! :-D
90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
rob_J
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri 11.11.2005, 10:57
Location: Dorset

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Sun 03.05.2009, 11:03

rob_J wrote:Looks like I'll be doing this too.

GT3 probably too noisy based on sound limits, so it make well be the Elan! :-D


See you there Rob I will probably be in the Elan as well

Martin

PS lots of interesting cars going inc a Mk1 GT40 :-)
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby rob_J » Thu 07.05.2009, 15:35

Day is now fully booked!
90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
rob_J
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri 11.11.2005, 10:57
Location: Dorset

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Thu 07.05.2009, 16:08

did you get booked on Rob?
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby rob_J » Thu 07.05.2009, 16:10

texas2201 wrote:did you get booked on Rob?


Yes I did, I'm in the VIP list at the bottom apparently......don't ask, cos I don't know how either! :-D
90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
rob_J
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri 11.11.2005, 10:57
Location: Dorset

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Thu 07.05.2009, 19:02

OK see you there - silver frost SE

cheers

Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

Postby texas2201 » Wed 10.06.2009, 11:02

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=20053 good write up of the event and my elan was in one of the pics

150+ cars awesome track - met RobJ in his brg Elan

7 casualties 4 of them people driving other peoples cars - now there is a burden..........

if you went off the track was very unforgiving 3 or 4 of the cars that went off were totalled

Elan disgraced itself after lunch on the Sunday - dropped all it's PAS fluid - PAS pump fubarred....................if it wasnt for bad luck I would have no luck at all................
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany


Return to Circuits & Track Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests