Page 1 of 1

Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Tue 28.04.2009, 20:01
by texas2201
http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/help-for- ... t-26-c.asp

at an amazing track - just need to make sure you dont hit the tank traps :-)

I will be marshalling as well as driving

Martin

Re: Charity track day "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Tue 28.04.2009, 20:47
by Specky
Simply bugger...

Infact double bugger..

I gonna Miss Castlecombe and now this one...:cry:

Good drills on being a marshal, hope you're not to busy, I feel some expensive mistakes are on the horozion...

TTFN

Re: Charity track day "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Tue 28.04.2009, 21:38
by Nige
Pretty close to me and a very worthy cause. I'm tempted to drive it (note spectators not allowed). Lets see what the take up is for LECer's, might be worth considering something social after the event if we have a few.

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Tue 28.04.2009, 21:50
by Dave Eds
I've put the date in the title for clarity, being as it's for charity. :wink:

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Tue 28.04.2009, 22:09
by texas2201
Thanks Dave Didnt think of that doh!!!

Dave Eds wrote:I've put the date in the title for clarity, being as it's for charity. :wink:

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Wed 29.04.2009, 11:40
by dapinky
I'm with Specky on this one :(

I've just had to plead and grovel to get the day before off so I can do a trackday at Llandow - & the only way I could get it was to swap my Sunday with someone else!!!!!

This time last year my eldest was at Bovington doing his Tank Driver course - i got to be a pasenger in a Challenger for part of the circuit on the 'Parents & relatives' day!

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Wed 29.04.2009, 12:24
by texas2201
Very Cool Dave - I am hoping to get a ride in a tank :-)

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Wed 29.04.2009, 12:41
by Nige
Last weekend at home before I go to Le Mans for the best part of a week so domestic permission is also an issue for me (along with the fact that I want a car at the end of it that will get me to Le Mans and back).

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Sun 03.05.2009, 08:32
by rob_J
Looks like I'll be doing this too.

GT3 probably too noisy based on sound limits, so it make well be the Elan! :-D

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Sun 03.05.2009, 11:03
by texas2201
rob_J wrote:Looks like I'll be doing this too.

GT3 probably too noisy based on sound limits, so it make well be the Elan! :-D


See you there Rob I will probably be in the Elan as well

Martin

PS lots of interesting cars going inc a Mk1 GT40 :-)

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2009, 15:35
by rob_J
Day is now fully booked!

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2009, 16:08
by texas2201
did you get booked on Rob?

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2009, 16:10
by rob_J
texas2201 wrote:did you get booked on Rob?


Yes I did, I'm in the VIP list at the bottom apparently......don't ask, cos I don't know how either! :-D

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Thu 07.05.2009, 19:02
by texas2201
OK see you there - silver frost SE

cheers

Martin

Re: Charity track day 7th June "help for heroes"

PostPosted: Wed 10.06.2009, 11:02
by texas2201
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=20053 good write up of the event and my elan was in one of the pics

150+ cars awesome track - met RobJ in his brg Elan

7 casualties 4 of them people driving other peoples cars - now there is a burden..........

if you went off the track was very unforgiving 3 or 4 of the cars that went off were totalled

Elan disgraced itself after lunch on the Sunday - dropped all it's PAS fluid - PAS pump fubarred....................if it wasnt for bad luck I would have no luck at all................