Page 1 of 1

Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Sun 23.08.2009, 21:32
by Monty
I`ve not done a trackday since Oulton last October :( and i`ve been itching to get on track so i`ve just booked Silverstone GP with LoT, it`s only an evening session but only cost me £99 :-D
What better way to warm up for my Oulton day in October on the F1 circuit :burnout:

Re: Silverstone GP this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 24.08.2009, 00:56
by theelanman
Monty wrote:I`ve not done a trackday since Oulton last October :( and i`ve been itching to get on track so i`ve just booked Silverstone GP with LoT, it`s only an evening session but only cost me £99 :-D
What better way to warm up for my Oulton day in October on the F1 circuit :burnout:



wish I had £99 to spend on anything...never mind a track day ........ :oops:
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Re: Silverstone GP this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 24.08.2009, 11:46
by Monty
theelanman wrote:
Monty wrote:wish I had £99 to spend on anything...never mind a track day ........ :oops:
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D


I know what you mean, but i got a good price on a Stub Axle :wink: :-D


The GP circuit is now off as a woman pilot died in an Aerobatics crash at the circuit on friday, very said news for the family involved :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort ... 215889.stm

the trackday is still going a head but on the INTERNATIONAL circuit

Re: Silverstone GP this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 24.08.2009, 16:37
by chris.t
I did the GP circuit back in June (opl) it was great especially maggot and beckets. See how fast you can get it round Bridge, careful at Woodcote though and copse is a blast. Have fun Monty!

Re: Silverstone GP this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Wed 26.08.2009, 19:18
by Monty
Had a great time on track yesterday, even thou there were heavy showers traveling down got the good weather when on track so had the roof down :-D

This time i increased the tyres on the rear, started of with 22psi front 24 psi rear. I`ve got trackday tyres on but the front Kuhmo`s are more sticker than the rear Hankooks, so the 1st session was way to much oversteer :shock: so i had one spin and on another tight corner i understeered off and just caught the Gravel lol (got this on vid).

So in to the pits and the tyres pressure had increased approx 28/29 psi (hot) so I adjusted them down to 26 psi all round, i was still getting slight oversteer on certain corners but it was more controlable. I need to learn to floor the gas when getting oversteer instead of lifting off :roll:

I`ll post the vids once i get chance to edit.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Thu 27.08.2009, 15:09
by chris.t
I hear there were a few supercharged VX's blowing up down there :roll:

glad you had a good time :-D

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 31.08.2009, 01:06
by Monty
Here`s a quick edit of my 1st session, yet again i haven`t got the camera angle right :Doh:

Oversteer, understeer, a spin and a wee bit off gravel :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptTWlSg9Tw

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 31.08.2009, 21:10
by Dico
4 minutes 16 :-D

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 31.08.2009, 21:46
by chris.t
nice vid but passenger sun visor :roll:

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 31.08.2009, 22:23
by tonny006
chris.t wrote:nice vid but passenger sun visor :roll:

My drivers side sun visor did the same thing at the end of the long straight at Bedford Autodrome.
I came into the pits and removed them both!

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Mon 31.08.2009, 23:31
by Monty
tonny006 wrote:
chris.t wrote:nice vid but passenger sun visor :roll:

My drivers side sun visor did the same thing at the end of the long straight at Bedford Autodrome.
I came into the pits and removed them both!



Yeah yeah i know LOL, i had the camera to high on the 1st session :roll: I`ve always been meaning to sort out the passanger visor :twisted:

Anyways here`s the 2nd vid with a better camera angle but the vid isn`t as exciting as the 1st one lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wBGatw3vc

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Tue 01.09.2009, 07:28
by texas2201
going well Monty :-)

must get on track - must get on track

Oh! Yeah must earn money - must earn money :-)

but first of all fit new oil cooler, heater control valve and inner wing moulding........................

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Tue 01.09.2009, 10:37
by Rambo
Dico wrote:4 minutes 16 :-D


Best bit of the whole video LOL :twisted:

Re: Silverstone International this Tuesday 25th

PostPosted: Tue 01.09.2009, 19:31
by Monty
texas2201 wrote:going well Monty :-)

must get on track - must get on track

Oh! Yeah must earn money - must earn money :-)

but first of all fit new oil cooler, heater control valve and inner wing moulding........................



I know what you mean, thats why i hadn`t done a trackday since October last year :twisted: the only reason i did Silverstone is that i got it for £99 :-D
I`ve got Oulton booked for October £99 and i should be doing Rockingham in November £99 :-D fancy doing one this month now :roll:


Rambo wrote:
Dico wrote:4 minutes 16 :-D


Best bit of the whole video LOL :twisted:



:agree: and the bit at 2minutes 50 secs :-D