Page 1 of 2

going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Thu 03.09.2009, 21:44
by texas2201
Going out with a friend to collect his Manthey GT3 coming back Wed night - I am going in the Lotus Elan Turbo

Never been round it in the Elan - so it will lose it's cherry..................

Ring open Monday and Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday :-)

Martin

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Thu 03.09.2009, 23:09
by Monty
You lucky sod, wish i had the money to go myself :roll:

Have a good trip Martin and come back with a report on how the Elan handles

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Thu 03.09.2009, 23:43
by texas2201
Only going thro the extreme generosity of a friend!!! he needs a lift to bring the GT3 back for it's MOT and we have done this before - we used to have E30 M3 BMw's

I will report back how it goes - but I thought you had done some laps of the Ring Monty? I remember seeing Dico out there by the petrol station parrallel to Dottinger Hohe straight

this will add about a dozen laps to my total bringing it to well over 760 :-)

M

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 01:47
by theelanman
enojoy...you lucky git...I wish I was there... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 05:45
by texas2201
I'll try - I might have to have the smile surgically removed when I get home though...................... :-)

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 07:29
by HJ2
Toll!

Und nehme ein paar schöne Bilder mit!

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 09:15
by texas2201
? Sorry dont get it

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 09:45
by HJ2
Excellent!

And bring a couple of nice photographs back (LEC) home!

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 09:59
by texas2201
OK I am going to do a trip report with photos

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 12:51
by Monty
texas2201 wrote:Only going thro the extreme generosity of a friend!!! he needs a lift to bring the GT3 back for it's MOT and we have done this before - we used to have E30 M3 BMw's

I will report back how it goes - but I thought you had done some laps of the Ring Monty? I remember seeing Dico out there by the petrol station parrallel to Dottinger Hohe straight

this will add about a dozen laps to my total bringing it to well over 760 :-)

M



A few of us did a trip a few years ago and i was a passanger with Dico but he only did one lap :poke: also got a Pax with JimP in his M100 and a Pax in an Elise and didn`t even know the guy :shock: We all had a great trip and i`ve always wanted to go back again but in my own car.

Maybe i could tag along with yourself next year since you`ve done 760 + laps :shock: or maybe some of the LECers might do another trip :?

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Fri 04.09.2009, 13:21
by texas2201
That would be great Monty - I will definately be over there next year maybe we could tag along with the SELOC guys who seem to organise a trip every year now? :-D

More than happy to show you the lines and give some instruction - only most of my laps have been in rwd in the E30 M3 - so they will probably not be the best fwd lines :-)

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sat 05.09.2009, 18:48
by Dico
Yep I only did one lap but it was a fast one!

12.5 minutes :D

Have a great trip Martin. Look forward to the pics.

Nurburgring 2010

1- Dico :-D

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sat 05.09.2009, 19:03
by GeoffSmith
Dico wrote:Yep I only did one lap but it was a fast one!

12.5 minutes :D


Apparently some fat bloke off the telly did it in a diesel a full 2½ minutes quicker than that.......... and some German tart in a van. :-D

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sat 05.09.2009, 19:07
by texas2201
I was doing 830 BTG in the E30 M3 :-)

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sat 05.09.2009, 19:08
by inkitin
GeoffSmith wrote:
Dico wrote:Yep I only did one lap but it was a fast one!

12.5 minutes :D


Apparently some fat bloke off the telly did it in a diesel a full 2½ minutes quicker than that.......... and some German tart in a van. :-D

Well I certainly wasn't going to mention that!

Oh, all right then :shock:

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sat 05.09.2009, 21:24
by Dico
Gawd I hope you recognised my sarcasm! :lol:

I still beat ChrisT mind ;-)

Wheres the vid Murph?

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sat 05.09.2009, 21:55
by texas2201
come out next year Dico and I will give you a pax lap...............4 mins quicker.......... :-)

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sun 06.09.2009, 12:28
by Monty
Dico wrote:Gawd I hope you recognised my sarcasm! :lol:

I still beat ChrisT mind ;-)

Wheres the vid Murph?



It was your camcorder mate lol


Can`t blame dico for taking it easy, i`d be the same for my 1st lap. But i`d do more than one lap to start with :poke:

Even JimP`s wife did a lap :-D

They were the days :roll:

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Sun 06.09.2009, 14:09
by texas2201
I can still remember my first lap following a friend who said he was going steady - I was sh*t**g bricks and thought I was going to die.................... i.e. I am never going to get round that corner at that speed :-)

Re: going to the Ring on sunday 6th Sept for three days

PostPosted: Wed 20.10.2010, 18:54
by Silverghost
Next year is my, well, let's say notable birthday. Taking someone else's car around the Ring sounds like fun.

You can hire various sorts, but for Ring newbies they suggest the Renaults. That sounds like a compromise too far - but you can book an instruction day in an Exige. Has anyone done this?