Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Wed 09.09.2009, 22:21

I have just booked a trackday on the Bedford Autodrome GT circuit, open pit lane £149 and extra passengers and drivers are free.
If anyone is interested it is with www.trackdays.co.uk
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby Monty » Wed 09.09.2009, 23:34

Bedford is a long way for me, but i`ve done it before with a few other LEC`ers nice safe circuit. Have a good one on the 28th :wink:
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Thu 10.09.2009, 07:57

Monty wrote:Bedford is a long way for me, but i`ve done it before with a few other LEC`ers nice safe circuit. Have a good one on the 28th :wink:


I did it last month,
I'm doing some suspension mods at the moment and am looking for a comparison.

sure will enjoy it! :-D

Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby chris.t » Thu 10.09.2009, 09:03

extremely tempted to do this one especially as the outside edges of my n/s tyres are shagged. Bedford would be a good opportunity to shag the o/s :lol:

I've done Goodwood and Castle combe in the last few days and Castle combe is far more aggresive wrt tyres :twisted:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Thu 10.09.2009, 10:17

chris.t wrote:extremely tempted to do this one especially as the outside edges of my n/s tyres are shagged. Bedford would be a good opportunity to shag the o/s :lol:

I've done Goodwood and Castle combe in the last few days and Castle combe is far more aggresive wrt tyres :twisted:



Go for it Chris!

You are only here once so why not enjoy it!

Goodwood and Castle Coombe.You lucky sod!

Cheers Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby Blue_Bullet » Tue 15.09.2009, 23:57

I will go if I have my car back from the gaarage in time!
The answer is out there, It’s looking for you. And it will find you if you want it to!
User avatar
Blue_Bullet
Fanatic
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue 05.05.2009, 02:28
Location: Zion

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Wed 16.09.2009, 09:01

Blue_Bullet wrote:I will go if I have my car back from the gaarage in time!


I would book it as there isn't many places left.
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby chris.t » Wed 16.09.2009, 10:18

I have booked just waiting for the confirmation email. Tony how do you know how many places are left?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Wed 16.09.2009, 11:50

chris.t wrote:I have booked just waiting for the confirmation email. Tony how do you know how many places are left?


Glad to hear that Chris.
Are you taking the Elan?

Just a guess

The confirmation will come from circuit days and you can see who is booked in,but for some reason i am not on thier list so there must be more going than listed.
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby chris.t » Wed 16.09.2009, 12:34

no I'll have the VX.

Is it worth confirming with Circuit Days that you are actually booked in?

Dee and I will be going up on the Sunday and staying close by as I don't fancy getting up to early.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Wed 16.09.2009, 13:52

I've got the confermation email from circuit days so all should be ok.

Don't blame you for staying local.

See you on the 28th.

Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby chris.t » Thu 17.09.2009, 19:32

Got the confirmation now. Tony, what are the chances of you getting your suspension modded before the 28th? If you manage to get it done I would like to follow you for a few laps (may have the bullet cam fitted) to see how your car handles. The good thing about Bedford is there are all sorts of corners to show the suspension travel so should be an interesting exercise 8)
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Thu 17.09.2009, 19:43

chris.t wrote:Got the confirmation now. Tony, what are the chances of you getting your suspension modded before the 28th? If you manage to get it done I would like to follow you for a few laps (may have the bullet cam fitted) to see how your car handles. The good thing about Bedford is there are all sorts of corners to show the suspension travel so should be an interesting exercise 8)


Hi Chris,
everything is done apart from the rear springs and dampers.
I have got the dampers but am hoping the springs will be here by next Friday.
I was told today there is a 65% chance i will have them.
If they don't turn up i will just fit the dampers which has got to be better than the 15 year old ones on there now.

Cheers Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Fri 18.09.2009, 20:12

Tony, what are the chances of you getting your suspension modded before the 28th?

Chris,
Good News
I was told today that i should have my springs by the middle of next week. :lol:

Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby texas2201 » Sat 19.09.2009, 08:32

Tony what are you fitting to the car? Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Sat 19.09.2009, 16:09

texas2201 wrote:Tony what are you fitting to the car? Martin

Martin,
I won't tell you what i've got untill i know if it works ok
Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby texas2201 » Sat 19.09.2009, 18:08

OK - must see your car someday
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby chris.t » Sat 26.09.2009, 09:33

Well it looks like the event is full. Hope t6here is some interesting stuff, not all Corsas and focuses :?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday Monday 28th sep

Postby tonny006 » Sat 26.09.2009, 19:43

At least there will be an Elan and a VX there!
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet


Return to Circuits & Track Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests