Page 1 of 1

North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 17.11.2009, 13:28
by Marcus_uk
Ive just signed up for the LoT activity day at North Weald for this Friday, Its only £25 and the weather looks ok:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... day=Friday

Would be good to get another Elan along, you know you want Friday off work!

http://www.lotus-on-track.com/lotshop/i ... cts_id=460

Has anyone been before?

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 17.11.2009, 14:46
by Dave Eds
Could you take a heater back for Mikeydude please?

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 17.11.2009, 19:40
by Monty
Love to do a North Weald day but it`s a long way for us northerners and suprised your going down, although i`ve heard it`s a great day

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 17.11.2009, 20:20
by Marcus_uk
I'm down in Ipswich that weekend anyway... so I just made it a longer one :D

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 24.11.2009, 15:19
by Rice crispy
Marcus_uk was the day any good ? I'm thinking of doing the December one (not sure about the weather)

David

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 24.11.2009, 16:18
by Marcus_uk
Yes it was a great especially for the £25. There was only about 12-15 cars when i went so the organisers arranged one large track instead of two smaller ones but there was still a decent amount of track time. Half the fun is going for a ride in other proples car anyway.

It rained a little in the am, but held off in the PM. I actually prefered it a little damp, as it meant i could get used the car at lower speeds, plus it was easier on the tyres.

I might join you on the 12th... I had that much fun. Last time I waited to get a 5 day weather forcast before I booked my place so ill probably do the same again.

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Tue 24.11.2009, 18:05
by Rice crispy
Marcus_uk, thanks will wait on the weather as well I think, don't fancy swimming round instead :lol:

David

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Wed 25.11.2009, 00:29
by Marcus_uk
Here are a few photos of the day

side_mod.jpg
side_mod.jpg (100.55 KiB) Viewed 8141 times
rear_mod.jpg
rear_mod.jpg (127.04 KiB) Viewed 8141 times
front_mod.jpg
front_mod.jpg (112.51 KiB) Viewed 8141 times

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Wed 25.11.2009, 23:25
by Rice crispy
looks fun :D they still have 8 places so will keep an eye out

David

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Fri 27.11.2009, 23:15
by tonny006
Hi Marcus,
I can see why you were looking at your suspension.
It looks as crap as mine was.
Tony
Marcus_uk wrote:Here are a few photos of the day

side_mod.jpg
rear_mod.jpg
front_mod.jpg

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Fri 27.11.2009, 23:56
by Marcus_uk
This is after I replaced the rear shocks with pro techs!

The car handled really well, much better than before, took me by surprise to be honest as ive heard they can be a bit of handful in the wet. Im doing 80+mph in the photo with the body roll, and the slide was down me not being brave enough and keeping my foot in... i got it right next time round though.

Kept up with... an beat some of the vx220 and elise guys... i didnt however come close to the times of the guy who was on a test drive of an Evora !! ;-)

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Sat 28.11.2009, 10:26
by tonny006
You can see from the photo that the back end is too soft.
I've done 3 trackdays in my car and was really happy with the handling untill it is put into extreme conditions and found the rear springs compress too much,like yours in the photo.
Cheers
Tony

I have fitted some uprated springs on mine and am testing it at Mallory Park next weekend.
Marcus_uk wrote:This is after I replaced the rear shocks with pro techs!

The car handled really well, much better than before, took me by surprise to be honest as ive heard they can be a bit of handful in the wet. Im doing 80+mph in the photo with the body roll, and the slide was down me not being brave enough and keeping my foot in... i got it right next time round though.

Kept up with... an beat some of the vx220 and elise guys... i didnt however come close to the times of the guy who was on a test drive of an Evora !! ;-)

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Sat 28.11.2009, 11:48
by Marcus_uk
I'm happy with the car as it is, and cant say I thought the rear end was too soft (its set a little lower than stock). If anything I need to get some better rear tyres to keep up with the fronts.

Let me know how you get on with the stiffer rear springs, i use my car everyday so dont really want to stiffen it up anymore than it is already.

What tyres are you using btw?

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Sat 28.11.2009, 16:46
by tonny006
The car feels much the same on the road and is not too harsh.I will let you know what i think of them on the track.
I've got spare wheels with Hankook RS2 track tyres,They are much better than standard road rubber.
I am thinking of getting some 17" wheels so i can use Toyo R888
Marcus_uk wrote:

Let me know how you get on with the stiffer rear springs, i use my car everyday so dont really want to stiffen it up anymore than it is already.

What tyres are you using btw?

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Thu 03.12.2009, 11:13
by Marcus_uk
lansledj wrote:Marcus_uk, thanks will wait on the weather as well I think, don't fancy swimming round instead :lol:

David


Im not going to be able to make it this time im afraid... Its the works Xmas party that day and ive already paid! :cheers:

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Wed 11.05.2011, 20:35
by Rice crispy
Ive put my name down for next Friday at North Weald :burnout: looking forward to pushing the car around, anyone else going?

David

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Wed 11.05.2011, 20:37
by Steve A
How Much is it ? :poke:

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Wed 11.05.2011, 21:57
by Rice crispy
Steve £40 is what i paid as a member of club lotus see http://www.clublotus.co.uk/events/club- ... -days.aspx

Be good to see you there. :D give them hi-specs a good thrashing :D
David

Great day :burnout: first time ive been in a car and spun at 75-80 mph :shock:. Thoroughly recommend booking this day to learn about your car in a safe enviroment.

Showed the elise's mk1 and 2 a clean pair of heels on a slalom with 2 long straights, was 2nd quickest when i left that part of the track (did a 51.46 compared to an exige 49.8 quickest elise was 3 secs behind me) so was very happy :D

was a mix of 2 early elans 1 driven by a lady nearly as old as my mum :shock:
about a dozen elise mk1/2's
2 exiges
1 excel driven by a dad and 15yr old daughter (2nd time behind the wheel)
1 focus rs
1 seat

Tried to persuade me to do CC next weekend but not got the funds really :(
David

Re: North Weald Activity Day 20/11/2009

PostPosted: Sat 21.05.2011, 12:30
by Steve A
:clap: well done flying the flag for the M100 :burnout: