Page 1 of 1

Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Tue 29.12.2009, 23:30
by tonny006
I am booked in to this trackday and hoping on good weather.
2 Elans so far.
Anyone else interested?

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Tue 29.12.2009, 23:44
by VagueShot
Sounds good. How do you book?

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Wed 30.12.2009, 00:34
by chris.t
tonny006 wrote:I am booked in to this trackday and hoping on good weather.
2 Elans so far.
Anyone else interested?

who's the other Elan Tony?

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Wed 30.12.2009, 09:53
by tonny006
VagueShot wrote:Sounds good. How do you book?

Just log onto http://www.clubmsv.co.uk

Chris the other Elan isn't on here,
It's a customer from work in a S2.

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Wed 30.12.2009, 09:58
by chris.t
I might come up to spectate, can't afford to track :(

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Wed 30.12.2009, 10:28
by tonny006
chris.t wrote:I might come up to spectate, can't afford to track :(


I would do a weather check first if i was you. :roll:

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Sat 02.01.2010, 12:21
by chris.t
tony is it OPL?

edit/ just checked the site - affirmative

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Sat 02.01.2010, 22:37
by tonny006
Changing your mind Chris and giving the Elan a run?

chris.t wrote:tony is it OPL?

edit/ just checked the site - affirmative

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Mon 04.01.2010, 10:41
by chris.t
tonny006 wrote:Changing your mind Chris and giving the Elan a run?

chris.t wrote:tony is it OPL?

edit/ just checked the site - affirmative

no mate, can't afford it. Great deal though.

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Sun 10.01.2010, 22:18
by tonny006
I hope the snow melts in the next week or so, if not it could be cancelled. :(

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Thu 21.01.2010, 10:24
by chris.t
The forecast is a bit iffy but if it's not raining I'll be there. Tony if I bring my helmet up can you take me out in your car, I really would like to see how your car handles with the new setup.

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Thu 21.01.2010, 12:24
by Monty
Tony,

Have a good one on Saturday :smt023

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Thu 21.01.2010, 12:58
by tonny006
Monty wrote:Tony,

Have a good one on Saturday :smt023


Cheers Jay,

Head gasket last time,what will go wrong this time!
It wouldn't be a Lotus if nothing went wrong.

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Thu 21.01.2010, 19:47
by tonny006
No problem Chris,If you are brave enough you are welcome to a ride round.
See you Saturday :shock: .

chris.t wrote:The forecast is a bit iffy but if it's not raining I'll be there. Tony if I bring my helmet up can you take me out in your car, I really would like to see how your car handles with the new setup.

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Wed 27.01.2010, 21:29
by Monty
Hey Tony,

How did your trackday go?

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Wed 27.01.2010, 22:01
by tonny006
Hi Jay,
Everything went good,the morning was very damp and slipery.
I need a LSD to make the most of the Everest chip but can't afford it yet.
The car didn't miss a beat all day and i was happy with the suspension mods i've done.
One thing i have noticed today is the lower rear raft bushes are knackered so i have ordered some new ones.
I also need to get the geometry done which means cutting out all 4 lower rear wishbone to chassis bolts as they are rusted solid,i will fit some poly bushes while i am at it.
already looking for the next track day.
Tony

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Thu 28.01.2010, 00:38
by Monty
Project creep :-D

Sounds like your really getting in to it now :burnout:

If your having the Geo done also make sure the rear top arms can be adjusted as the old channel type arms rust badly. Also check the bolts on the front top ball joint, you might needs some shim/plates made for the camber adjustment.

Re: Bedford Autodrome Trackday 23rd Jan

PostPosted: Thu 28.01.2010, 11:19
by tonny006
Monty wrote:Project creep :-D

Sounds like your really getting in to it now :burnout:

If your having the Geo done also make sure the rear top arms can be adjusted as the old channel type arms rust badly. Also check the bolts on the front top ball joint, you might needs some shim/plates made for the camber adjustment.


I am really getting in to it.

It is an S2 with the threaded rear arms and the front lower and top wishbones were renewed and new bolts about a year ago, just before i bought it.
At least i didn't have to pay for that!

These trackdays are costing me a fortune in upgrades.I hope the wife doesn't find out. :lol: