Track Day at Silverstone - VX220SC content

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Track Day at Silverstone - VX220SC content

Postby chris.t » Wed 25.08.2010, 10:23

a very wet day at Silverstone. Damp/wet from 9-11, then the track dried out for 2 hours, then it started to hose it down for the best part of the afternoon. Race control hit by lightening, river running down pit lane and through the pit garages. Track closed for 2 hours in the afternoon, Bridge complex flooded so they changed the track configuration. I had one big slide and got away with it but 3 others didn't and ended up with very damaged cars.

Anyway here's a vid of some of my dry laps and a vid of my slide

Dry laps

Slide
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Re: Track Day at Silverstone - VX220SC content

Postby MPx » Wed 25.08.2010, 11:33

Looks great fun Chris - I'm proper jealous. Didn't seem to take much to produce the slide....remember that feeling from Combe this year! But why cut the slide vid so short? We wanted to see the doughnut recovery etc.....! 8)
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Re: Track Day at Silverstone - VX220SC content

Postby chris.t » Wed 25.08.2010, 16:06

MPx wrote:Looks great fun Chris - I'm proper jealous. Didn't seem to take much to produce the slide....remember that feeling from Combe this year! But why cut the slide vid so short? We wanted to see the doughnut recovery etc.....! 8)

yes sorry about that, my camera records in 5 min chunks and that comes at the end of the 5 min. Its fed off the ignition, the car stalled and it had to be restarted so hence the gap. there was another 180 degs of spin after that. You also missed my "WHAT THE FCUK" exclamation!!
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Return to Circuits & Track Days