Page 1 of 2

Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Wed 02.02.2011, 19:45
by texas2201
2011 track days at the Nürburgring.

We are working on provisional dates as follows;

Wednesday April 20th 8am to 5pm
Thursday April 21st 8am to 2pm

Obviously - these are the two days immediately before the madness of the Easter Touristenfahrten, so they present a really great opportunity to get lots of perfect laps in before relaxing and socialising with the crowds arriving for the weekend.

then;

Monday July 18th 8am - 5pm
Tuesday July 19th 8am to 5pm

with a full day of Touristenfahrten scheduled for Sunday 17th July.

I will keep you posted as to progress and when things are confirmed - if you want to provisionally book then send an email to darren @ ringweekends.co.uk

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Thu 03.02.2011, 10:11
by Monty
Just wished i had the cash to go :cry:

I`ll have to see how the year pans :?

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 25.06.2011, 15:13
by texas2201
a friend was going out to the Ring and asked did I want to go for the weekend in his 968CS - well I thought about it for a millisecond. We went to Spa first as one of his friends was racing in the Spa Classic but it tipped it down and his race was cancelled :-( five off's and three red flags

So we headed over to the ring for a few days and he even let me take it round for a few laps on my own we have known each other for over 8 years and done many laps together - here is a picture of me at the highest point I believe - Hoe Acht

Image

Oh meant to say - just organised my trip over in July for two trackdays on the ring 18/19th July - taking the Elan out on a trailer

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Mon 27.06.2011, 15:34
by Monty
Turning to the Darkside hey Martin :lol:

Looks like you had fun :burnout:

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Mon 27.06.2011, 16:11
by Paul69
I would be interested in attending the ring, ferry is cheap as chips only fuel to pay for! what is plan when you arrive camp or hotel?

Paul

Myslelf Gazza and a few other s were discussing this at Snetterton; if anyones interested i can get a real dealon ferry of tunnel ; as the wifes a manager of travel agents;

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Mon 27.06.2011, 22:50
by Steve A
8) I might be up for that, it it falls right for my shift :burnout:

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Tue 28.06.2011, 10:20
by Paul69
Let me no Steve

I can get the Tunnel for next to nothing if we get a group, bonus of the wife being a manager for TC

Not sure were to stay but im sure we could sort that

Paul

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Tue 28.06.2011, 15:04
by Monty
I`d love to go, you talking this year or next?

Fare few quid in fuel :?

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Tue 28.06.2011, 16:12
by JonT
Monty wrote:I`d love to go, you talking this year or next?

Fare few quid in fuel :?

It's not going to get any cheaper though :cry:

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Tue 28.06.2011, 23:38
by texas2201
I am staying with friends near the Ring

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Fri 15.07.2011, 23:48
by texas2201
picking up the trailer and towing the elan over to Germany for a two day trackday on the Ring

Image new daily a turbo diesel - BMW engine - very sweet - should get 32/33 to the gallon towing - already done over 7000 miles in it and it hasn't used a drop of oil

passenger seat is spare Monty if you wanted to jump in :-)

report when I get back

getting excited now :-)

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 16.07.2011, 09:12
by HJ2
Sounds like big fun, enjoy! :burnout:

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 16.07.2011, 09:26
by texas2201
as long as this weather blows over before hand :-(

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 16.07.2011, 09:35
by HJ2
Why?

I thougth the Elan had an advantage on wet track. Think of all the frustrated faces of the Porsche drivers as you zoom by :chair: :cheers:

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 16.07.2011, 11:57
by texas2201
trackdays are always better in the dry with sun with the roof down. also all the Porsche's have traction control and we have none! Also when it rains it brings all the rubber and oil to the surface of the track and makes it very greasy and a track is not like a road it is flat with no camber so the water does not run off - so you get standing water :-(

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Fri 22.07.2011, 07:52
by texas2201
http://vimeo.com/26734984 lap of the Ring on latest trip

another http://vimeo.com/26697626

:-) I want to go back already :-(

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 23.07.2011, 12:12
by trig
Great footage Martin, your in car camera setup is brilliant...what are you using :?:

Very jealous of your trips to the ring , one day :roll:

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 23.07.2011, 15:07
by texas2201
my buddy is a professional photographer and he has a Vbox system with two cameras and GPS with data recording - he rents the system out for 150E for half a day and 250E for a full day

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sat 23.07.2011, 23:02
by Doug
I agree that video is great. Good work driving.
I have never seen the driving footage with the real-time map on it. Very helpful.

So you shipped your Elan to Europe for this??!!
Drive to England and throw a hard top on it before you ship it back!!

Re: Destination Nuburgring

PostPosted: Sun 24.07.2011, 10:12
by texas2201
no I live in England and I put it on a trailer and towed it over there - 2 hours to Dover and 5 hours to Nurburg 70mph/30mpg :-)

Image