Page 1 of 1

More Track Footage round Goodwood

PostPosted: Sun 30.10.2011, 01:26
by chris.t
Yeah right I'm bored so I thought I would bore you. Had a bit of fun chasing Porkers. Sorry no Elan action I was in the VX, hope you don't mind. I've wrecked the handling of the Elan on track by fitting Kumhos which are fine on the VX. I will change back to something with a stiffer tyre wall when I've got the spons.

Clicky

Re: More Track Footage round Goodwood

PostPosted: Sun 30.10.2011, 16:01
by tigerdog
Which Kumhos did you fit to the Elan that made the handling go off?

Re: More Track Footage round Goodwood

PostPosted: Sun 30.10.2011, 16:46
by chris.t
tigerdog wrote:Which Kumhos did you fit to the Elan that made the handling go off?

They are KU31 XL. Don't get me wrong they're fine as a road tyre. However on track when you lean on them the tyre wall really isn't up to it which you unwanted understeer. I've tried putting a little more air in but there is a limit and it didn't improve things. It's disappointing as they're so good on the VX. I'm sure Dave Eds will remember following me round the circuit on the Isle of Man to verify the problems i was having.

Re: More Track Footage round Goodwood

PostPosted: Mon 31.10.2011, 15:17
by tigerdog
chris.t wrote:They are KU31 XL...

Thanks, Chris. This model isn't sold in the US but looks similar to the ones I have on my 740. I am considering a different Kumho, the Ecsta XS/KU36, for the Elan. It's very popular with the SCCA set. I'm sure it's useless in the wet but that's not a concern where I live and how I use the Elan.

Re: More Track Footage round Goodwood

PostPosted: Mon 31.10.2011, 19:07
by texas2201
good clean laps Chris the VX was going well :-)

Re: More Track Footage round Goodwood

PostPosted: Mon 31.10.2011, 20:02
by Dave Eds
chris.t wrote: I'm sure Dave Eds will remember following me round the circuit on the Isle of Man to verify the problems i was having.


Ah the yellow barge :lol: