Page 1 of 1

Where to stay around Donington???

PostPosted: Tue 15.05.2012, 09:55
by chris.t
I've got a track day in June. At the Lotus show I either stayed at the Holiday inn express or Travelodge. Is there anywhere else that you can recommend? Looking to cut costs.

Cheers Chris

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

PostPosted: Tue 15.05.2012, 10:53
by Rambo
You can't get any cheaper than a Travelodge Chris - unless you want to camp in the rain :lol: :lol:

If you prefer something a bit more salubrious with an excellent cooked breakfast and a pub opposite then I'd recommend the place opposite the Navigation Inn in Shardlow.

I've used it a couple of times in the past. Can't remember the name though :oops:

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

PostPosted: Tue 15.05.2012, 11:08
by muley
It's this one.

http://www.holden-house.com/

New website!

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

PostPosted: Wed 16.05.2012, 20:45
by Rambo
That's the one Jim. I think we stayed there a couple of years back ?? I shared a room with JohnW once upon a time as well - he snored like buggery !!

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

PostPosted: Wed 16.05.2012, 22:58
by chris.t
I've had my hand forced, I'm going with a load of VX guys and they're all staying at the Premier Inn. Turns out to be more expensive than the HIE by a few quid but safety in numbers and all that. That B&B looks fantastic btw, how close to the river is it?

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

PostPosted: Thu 17.05.2012, 07:22
by muley
..about 3 feet!

It's literally on the bank of the river / canal.

Charming landlady, too :)

Jim