Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb

Postby chris.t » Thu 26.05.2016, 11:30

I've recently come back from a trip to the Shropshire area with a group from Club Lotus Sussex. Had a great time which was finished off with a visit to Shelsley Walsh. The Competition Secretary gave us a guided tour and then asked if we would like a drive up the hill, he didn't have to ask twice. Well three trips in all with starting lights the lot. Managed a 45 secs, I think the current record is 24 secs so a little under twice the speed which is mind boggling. The sound of the car going up along the side of the hill and trees was awesome. It's a 1000m length and 100m climb. Has anyone else done it?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Re: Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb

Postby Sport Paolo » Sat 04.06.2016, 21:24

Yes, did the driving school day in my 340R. Had an excellent day.
Also, I'm an avid spectator as a MAC member. Well worth a visit for all Lotus enthusiasts.
The breakfast meets offer the chance for a pleasant Sunday morning get together with other like minded petrol heads.
Sport Paolo

Return to Circuits & Track Days