Page 1 of 4

Bullet Cam

PostPosted: Sun 27.08.2006, 20:27
by Monty
When at the NurbergRing i seen the bullet cam being used by Chris.t, stef and Jim and thought there`s alot off wire + u need a camcorder. So what do u think to this:-

Click for wireless cam

Just wish i had the money :roll: maybe i`ll get one for Crimbo :-D

PostPosted: Tue 29.08.2006, 00:16
by Doug
wow :shock: , someone please get one and show us the videos . . .

I assume it would work equally well on this side of the earth, since we don't have VHS/PAL and all that s**t to worry about !! :-D

could use it for covert home movies too :wink:

PostPosted: Tue 29.08.2006, 15:19
by Candles
Yeah but it is really low (webcam style) resolution, so you'd be disappointed. The camcorder + wire solution will be the best way to go until technology has come on some way. That said, you can buy solid-state memory camcorders now.

Candles.

PostPosted: Tue 29.08.2006, 18:27
by chris.t
have to agree monty the cables are a pain. also making sure the camcorder is recording what the B.camera is viewing. I'm going to get a switch for the power supply cos the camera is a bit power hungry - alternatively run it off the cigar lighter. Candles is right about resolution though but it should as good or a bit better than the camera on your phone :wink:

PostPosted: Tue 29.08.2006, 20:55
by Monty
Thought the sample vid wasn`t to bad and would make easyer of uploading them to a server for other to view :?

The only thing i was concerned about is lining the cam up without being able to view it :roll:

PostPosted: Tue 29.08.2006, 21:51
by Stef
The bloke I borrowed the bullet cam from me finally got around to looking at it today and will put it onto disc for me. Says it has turned out quite well!

Cant wait to see it myself now! May have to distribute via disc rather than post but we'll see what is possible. However I believe a compilation of film is being put together at some point.

PostPosted: Wed 27.09.2006, 16:58
by LittleRob
The trackdays bundle might be a good deal, but you can buy the camera on its own from various places.

e.g.
http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/ATC-1000.html

Its an Oregon Scientific ATC-1000. If you google you'll see plenty of stuff, and some samples.

Rob (Who nearly bought one this year for skiing)

PostPosted: Thu 26.10.2006, 19:33
by Monty
Oregon Scientific have a new one coming out ATC 2000 look Here but over here it`s going for £160 so did a search on the net and manage to find a site that does it for $99 and $35 to ship so i`ve gone and ordered one, let see if i get it before christmas :roll:

Next thing 2gb memory card and suction mount :roll:

PostPosted: Thu 26.10.2006, 19:41
by chris.t
Monty - have you got any links to some decent suction mounts - oooh err missus

PostPosted: Thu 26.10.2006, 21:49
by Doug
looks nice -- gotta get me one of these for Xmas . . . :smt111

PostPosted: Thu 26.10.2006, 22:42
by Monty
chris.t wrote:Monty - have you got any links to some decent suction mounts - oooh err missus


Chris,
have a look at these


Doug

This is were i got mine, for that price it worth a go as it`s an all in one unit.

PostPosted: Thu 26.10.2006, 23:36
by GeoffSmith
I thought you were talking about these which you can also use to get pictures like this!

And if you're really lucky you get to swallow a new one! :smt078

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 00:58
by Doug
I'm used to seeing pics inside shoulders like this:
:-D

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 08:50
by GeoffSmith
:smt078

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 09:41
by chris.t
Monty, first thanks for the link. i think that mount no 4 is the one to go for as it offers more flexibility on location. i think i'll go for it even though it seems quite expensive, specialist equipment i guess :?

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 10:57
by markv
What's the scale of those pictures, Doug? How thick is that "rope"? I'm amazed how white it is in there - I expected lots of red stuff!

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 14:26
by TheBard
On the mount front I strongly recommend these guys for an alternative to velcro B.Hague & Co. Mounts

I splashed out on their 83 quid Camcorder Mounting Kit, and it is the best photographic buy I've made in a long time. The suction cup clings to the coffin lid like a limpet. The clamps and mounting plates are very strong, and I've not lost a heavy camcorder, or my Nikon D70s yet.

That said, I can feel a purchase of that action cam coming on, has anyone some Elan footage on one yet?

Cheers
Ian

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 14:44
by chris.t
TheBard wrote:On the mount front I strongly recommend these guys for an alternative to velcro B.Hague & Co. Mounts

I splashed out on their 83 quid Camcorder Mounting Kit, and it is the best photographic buy I've made in a long time. The suction cup clings to the coffin lid like a limpet. The clamps and mounting plates are very strong, and I've not lost a heavy camcorder, or my Nikon D70s yet.

That said, I can feel a purchase of that action cam coming on, has anyone some Elan footage on one yet?

Cheers
Ian


check out jimp's footage of when he did his sump in on a hump. the thing is about the bullet cams is you can mount them just about anywhere on the car. its just that you need a suitable method of mounting which is easy to fix and flexible enough so that it can be fitted just about anywhere quickly. fortunately the bullet cam is v.light.

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 15:29
by Avonvilla
How about these for mounting ? They are a tripod and a clamp in one with a multi adjustable head.

PostPosted: Fri 27.10.2006, 16:02
by Monty
chris.t wrote:Monty, first thanks for the link. i think that mount no 4 is the one to go for as it offers more flexibility on location. i think i'll go for it even though it seems quite expensive, specialist equipment i guess :?


Chris, think No4 is a bit over the top for a bullet cam :? think i`ll go for No1 or 2 :-D

It might be worth doing a search to see if u can find them cheaper.


Nice pics Doug, was that guy a puppet on a string :-D