Harness
Can the members who have one fitted post pic`s of the mounting points please and what type they fitted? ie clip in fixing with eye bolts or the stand bolt in.
Advice appricated
Advice appricated
Everything M100
https://forum.lotuselancentral.com/
https://forum.lotuselancentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=8724

dapinky wrote:Monty wrote:Those harness aren't cheap, but i will get one for the passenger side for Dico for when we go france in May.
I got mine from Peter Lloyd (Rallying) over in Welsh Wales.
They were the cheapest by a few quid to anywhere else. 2 harnesses + the eye-bolt fittings and strengthening plates for just under a couple of hundred quid delivered (2 days) - it was a couple of years ago, but looking on there web site HERE they're up for £105 inc VAT at the moment.
Monty wrote:That one is different from mine ie mine's a bolt in type and can remove the shoulder strap buckles so can use as to wrap around the rollbar. Another thing my lap straps are only 2"
Doug wrote:Monty, I'm no engineer by training, but to me I wonder about the strength/security of the mount in your third picture at the bottom?? Looks like this could shear off the bolt head and fail in an impact because of the vector of the force?
F1 LOTUS wrote:Doug wrote:Monty, I'm no engineer by training, but to me I wonder about the strength/security of the mount in your third picture at the bottom?? Looks like this could shear off the bolt head and fail in an impact because of the vector of the force?
![]()
It looks like the bracket could 'lever' the bolt head off - like a bottle opener? The belt needs to be in-line with its bracket so the bolt is in shear, and from your lap the belt should go down to the anchor point at around 45 degrees [when viewed from the side].
i wouldn't trust my life on that mount. Enright wrote:I wouldn't trust it. However it might work if you made a plate that extends from the existing seat mounting points but is still under the floor.