Page 6 of 6

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Wed 10.11.2010, 16:46
by tonny006
Monty wrote:Did Oulton Park on friday with LoT, managed to upload a vid last night but it`s a little boring. The Morning was very damp and i nearly lost it at Druids on the sighting lap, that would of been embarrassing :shock: it was only a twitch but for some reason knocked my confidence so i just couldn`t get up to speed. Two cars were damaged on the day and elise which went off at Druids, smashed rear end was the result, mine you he did carry on the day with a bit of help from Gaffer tape but thats a huge repair bill. Then later that day a Caterham on the back of a flatbed with it`s front wheels hanging off :shock: So i suppose at least mine came home in one piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvee-ttsbA


I`ve also got Donny next month, hopefully i`ll put a bit of rubber down this time :?


Oulton Park looks like a great circuit but a long way for me to travel.
I did Donny in the summer in the Elan and really enjoyed it ,until my head gasket went in the afternoon.
The Elan is now gone but i might give the new car a run out at Donny.
No Roof and no screen.
I hope it's going to be dry!

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Wed 10.11.2010, 17:06
by Monty
Tony,

Noticed your new AVATAR, is that a caterham/westfield? Looks great and would love a pax one day :wink: Yeah Oulton is a great circuit and your new toy would love it.

The Donny day i`ve booked is on friday 3rd December with Javelin but i`ve never done a trackday with them before :shock:
http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... &Itemid=11

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Wed 10.11.2010, 17:32
by tonny006
Jay,
the new toy is a Stuart Taylor Locoblade (Locost kit car with a Honda 900 fireblade engine)
You are welcome to have a pax ride but just to warn you, the furthest i have driven it is up my drive.
If i was you i would give it a few sessions. :D
A friend of mine does Woodbridge with Javelin and says they are well organised.
Once i have checked my diary with my social organiser i can make a decision.
Hopefully see you on the 3rd.
Tony

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Wed 10.11.2010, 21:38
by Monty
Did think about getting rid of the elan and getting myself a locost to trailer to the track but just wouldn`t get the money for it :roll:

Looks like there could be 80 attendees on that Donny day with Javeline :shock: Anyways, hope to see you on track :wink:

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Tue 30.11.2010, 23:28
by tonny006
Monty wrote:Did think about getting rid of the elan and getting myself a locost to trailer to the track but just wouldn`t get the money for it :roll:

Looks like there could be 80 attendees on that Donny day with Javeline :shock: Anyways, hope to see you on track :wink:


I didn't get the car ready for a track day so didn't book Donny.
Looking at the weather i did the right thing. :shock:
Once the weather gets better i will give it a go.
I hope it clears up for you.

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Wed 01.12.2010, 00:30
by Monty
tonny006 wrote:I didn't get the car ready for a track day so didn't book Donny.
Looking at the weather i did the right thing. :shock:
Once the weather gets better i will give it a go.
I hope it clears up for you.



Yeah, it`s not looking great :roll:

i haven`t even had the car out since the last trackday and i need to work on the brakes :banghead:


:(

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Thu 02.12.2010, 23:53
by tonny006
I see Donny has been cancelled.
It will give you time to sort out your brakes.
Hopefully meet up with you at one in the new year.
Tony

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Fri 03.12.2010, 11:51
by Monty
tonny006 wrote:I see Donny has been cancelled.
It will give you time to sort out your brakes.
Hopefully meet up with you at one in the new year.
Tony



Yeah i was glad it was canceled as there was no chance to work on the car and would of had to dig the garage clear of snow :evil: It`s a shane as there`s not many dates available yet for Donny in 2011. Just hope LoT come up with some dates :?

Be good to meet up at some point next year, i`ll keep you posted on what i book.

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Tue 15.02.2011, 19:07
by M100_DMM
tonny006 wrote:The Elan is now gone but i might give the new car a run out at Donny.


Hi Tony,

Was browsing LEC and noticed the above.

You sold the Elan? :(

I might have bought it back from you if only I'd known. As it is, I ended up buying an SE a few weeks ago. Still got the NA, too. I must be mad!

David

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Tue 15.02.2011, 22:44
by tonny006
M100_DMM wrote:
tonny006 wrote:The Elan is now gone but i might give the new car a run out at Donny.

Hi Tony,

Was browsing LEC and noticed the above.

You sold the Elan? :(

I might have bought it back from you if only I'd known. As it is, I ended up buying an SE a few weeks ago. Still got the NA, too. I must be mad!

David


Hi David,

I had great fun in the Elan, spent a fortune on it including doing the head gasket twice(Monty knows how that feels) . :cry:

It was never going to be the fastest thing on the track but it supprised a lot of people. :shock:

I wanted something to share with my brother,So i bought a Honda Fireblade powered kit car. The person selling it wanted the Elan.

I did a track day on Saturday and loved it.

Tony

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Sun 06.11.2011, 18:16
by Monty
Captain Slow hits the track :lol:

Oulton Park 5th November
(Photo`s courtesy of Mike an Tania)

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Tue 08.11.2011, 12:56
by rip
Monty wrote:Captain Slow hits the track

Was he that bad?

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Tue 08.11.2011, 13:11
by Dico
Fek off! :-D

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Tue 08.11.2011, 14:41
by Monty
rip wrote:
Monty wrote:Captain Slow hits the track

Was he that bad?



No Comment :lol:

Re: Your trackday Video & Photo`s

PostPosted: Sun 28.07.2013, 09:58
by trig
So here is my first video using my lads GoPro , I get a bit sideways @ 2:50 trying to catch a V8-Manta track-car , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdCv5bwBAw