Your trackday Video & Photo`s

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Postby ajax317 » Sun 07.01.2007, 13:02

Monty wrote:Yes, AVO's all round, 18 clicks at the front and 18 at the rear.

That reminds me:-
The Peco Exhaust came in at 95 DB's
The tyres were set at 28psi (S2 wheels, Goodyear F1'a)

That's interesting for Bedford if it was 95dB(A) static, I think the max there is 101 static and 87 driveby :smt071 , so the PECO should be okay.

If the back does come out on an FWD car - nail the throttle :twisted: Shouldn't think you'd have a problem getting on the intermediate/advanced day at Donington.
ajax317

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 07.01.2007, 13:13

Monty wrote:That reminds me:-

Yes, but you've got the girly Peco with the extra silencer haven't you!
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Enright » Sun 07.01.2007, 13:56

That was brilliant - I'd have been giggling just as much!

Superb bit when the Ferrari fishtailed - it had me rolling about.

Well done Monty. 8)

Although there was an all-round lower level of grip with it being wet, do you think it was more progressive or more snappy to lose it?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby DeeAitch » Sun 07.01.2007, 14:25

Fantastic Monty :D despite the conditions you still spanked a few 'sportscars' into the bargain :shock:
Know what you mean about the pre planned 'take it easy' approach - you soon get sucked into go faster mode once the adrenaline kicks in :-D

Looks like we need someone to come up with a decent tow hook for you track day boys - as Sy says the OE one is hardly up to the job, even before the dreaded tin worm gets a hold.
DeeAitch
God

Postby dapinky » Sun 07.01.2007, 15:18

Monty wrote:Jeff

Thats a strange one, if i had the windows down Pinky would be like a fish tank :lol:
Even in Racing they don't do that, so not a requirement, in the UK u don't even need a Rollbar :shock: unless the car is fitted with one as standard

Quite the opposite at Castle Combe - not only do they encourage you to have the windows up, THEY INSIST!

The theory is that it stops 'debris' from leaving the car and getting in the way! (And the paramedics have an easier time locating all the missing bits :-D )

It dont half get hot in Summer when youre in a full set of overalls, crash hat and gloves - then you put the heater on full to keep the engine temp down!!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Dico » Sun 07.01.2007, 15:32

Gravel run dust baked onto refurbed alloys :?
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder

Postby Monty » Sun 07.01.2007, 16:15

geoffsmith wrote:
Monty wrote:That reminds me:-

Yes, but you've got the girly Peco with the extra silencer haven't you!

Yeah but mine was extra load than the standard Peco cause of the stiffy and it`s a good job i had the 2nd silencer mine u that might be missing after the gravel trap incident lol. Think i need to have a good check over the car :roll:

Paul good photo`s, took awhile to get those stones out.

Neil, don`t be going all techincal on me lol, u could feel the car going and just do`nt back off just feather the throttle but if u stepped over that mark think the car will snap at u, think in a rear wheel drive u could catch control it easyer.

Here`s vid of 2 fastest laps i did

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdiGk1L2Vo

even the ferrari lap was 2.39 mins
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby dans » Sun 07.01.2007, 17:12

Cool!! Was the VX220 standing still?? :lol:

And the Eclipse must've made things tricky!! :!: :roll:
dans
Fanatic

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 07.01.2007, 18:22

dans wrote:And the Eclipse must've made things tricky!! :!: :roll:
:smt043 (I did wonder what you were talking about before I watched it Dan - Good name for next Lotus? :-D)

As the exposure is being affected by sunlight, it might be worth your while adding a tube in front of the lens so you don't get sunlight in from an oblique angle. That should sort out the underexposed (dark) shots when you're driving towards the sun.

Geoff

BTW Jay, what camera and recorder are you using?
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby F1 LOTUS » Sun 07.01.2007, 18:59

Watching the second batch of video, it seems like your car corners reasonably flat - granted the conditions were wet / damp - but looks and sounds great :D
F1 LOTUS
God

Postby Monty » Sun 07.01.2007, 20:20

geoffsmith wrote:
dans wrote:And the Eclipse must've made things tricky!! :!: :roll:
:smt043 (I did wonder what you were talking about before I watched it Dan - Good name for next Lotus? :-D)

As the exposure is being affected by sunlight, it might be worth your while adding a tube in front of the lens so you don't get sunlight in from an oblique angle. That should sort out the underexposed (dark) shots when you're driving towards the sun.

Geoff

BTW Jay, what camera and recorder are you using?

The ATC 2000 action cam, it`s a all in one unit so no wires. Just point and shoot and records on to a SD card. It`s on this thread
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby chris.t » Sun 07.01.2007, 22:47

just watched 'best of Top Gear' Jackie Stewart going round Oulton park teaching James May how to drive fast. JS did a sub 2 minute lap. He got JM down to just over 2 min. I think you did brill considering the track conditions.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby Monty » Sun 07.01.2007, 22:52

LOL just seen that myself, yeah James did it just over 2min 6 secs in a TVR dry conditions and i had Dico as my co pilot lol.

Anyways i`ve found the clip on YouTube.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCmJ3Ugmrro
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby stevo » Mon 08.01.2007, 01:19

you go girl!

i feel a race comeing on :twisted:
arancio baby! thats italian for orange! i think?
stevo
God

Postby Monty » Mon 08.01.2007, 11:57

:burnout: lol

someone else got a little bit off video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ypyPNSQek
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby theelanman » Mon 08.01.2007, 13:46

was that dicos car on the 330d vid as you go over clayhill towards druids????
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Dico » Mon 08.01.2007, 13:59

Yes it was. Well spotted, I didn't spot that when I viewed it the first time.
I was stood at the side taking cr@p photos.
Attachments
Elan parts for sale - ebay. 028 (Small).jpg
This is one of the 'slightly' better ones.
Elan parts for sale - ebay. 028 (Small).jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder

Postby Monty » Wed 10.01.2007, 11:25

Someone of Piston heads got a quick vid of me doing a fly by. He emailed the vid and it`s excellent quality, so uploaded as it was to youtube (only 5mb) but once uploaded it`s lost it`s quality :twisted:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN09qmiRK98
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby Monty » Sat 27.01.2007, 00:12

Well done my 2nd Trackday today, yet again at Oulton Park. What an unusual day, there was 60 odd cars booked in for this day and the track was wet and slippery so as u can imagine there was a few offs. Infact it was that bad they pulled us all in for a 2nd briefing to slap our hands lol :lol: (mine u it was no worst when i was there last time :roll: )
I never went out 1st thing, thought i`d be better of letting the track dry slightly and with all the red flags didn`t get many laps in the morning session. Come afternoon got alot more laps in, there was plenty of fast cars out there and was a different experience to my 1st trackday.

The good news is i never went off, had a couple of twitchy moments thou :-D

A cosworth went off 2 cars in front of me and hit the barrier, wouldn`t u believe it i never had the action cam running as i was only out warming the car up :roll:

I was also there with couple of NORLOG lads they were in an elise and there NORLOG trackday car MR2. The bad news is one of the NORLOG lads went off and damaged the front & rear of his Elise 111s and looks like it`s going to be an insurance job. :cry:
The other weired part was when i nipped out to get soem fuel and on my return Micheal (who was driving the MR2) had somber face and he said u`r not going to believe this, the bloody bonnet had flipped up on to the windscreen blocking his view and how the hell he didn`t hit anything was pure luck :shock:

Anyways i didn`t get much footage, but here`s a little edited vid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PypCoHQXTOU

Oh BTW i had to change my front brake pads last week as they were shot to do this trackday, well i worn them to the bloody bone and had to drive home with metal on metal :shock: for those who have the wilwood set up no not use the Smart pads for trackdays :roll:

Monty
Chunder King!

Postby paza1 » Sat 27.01.2007, 02:11

Nice vid, really interesting to watch. What was the the pink Audi? Flying or what?
Mark
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
paza1
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Circuits & Track Days