Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by stevieshag » Wed 30.07.2008, 21:11
we would be interested, but wrong wknd for us...

oh summer!! the time to go topless...
black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
-
stevieshag
- God
-
- Posts: 756
- Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
- Location: stonehenge
-
by Nige » Fri 01.08.2008, 22:20
chris.t wrote:I'll try and rally the troops at the Aug meet nige. Weston is more than double the distance for most of us though.
Thanks Chris. I don't mind if its only a few or a few more the offer still stands. Equally I don't mind if the general view is to head off to Weston.
I'll catch up when I return to the (su)real world in a week or so, have a good H&C on Thu and hope to see you either on the SS&S at the end of the month, or at the H&C in Sep (although I have some more trips coming up).
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Nige » Mon 18.08.2008, 22:23
The only takers seem to be Chris, Jim and Kier? Do the four of us want to do this or is this now canned as we build up to Hethel?
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by chris.t » Mon 18.08.2008, 22:28
The way August is going it'll be tipping it down with rain. My vote is to postpone until next year but if it goes ahead i will support as always.
Cheers Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by Nige » Mon 18.08.2008, 22:33
Thanks for the quick response Chris, 18 Aug and I put the heating on this evening, so much for global warming! We'll see what Jim and Kier have to say, I really don't mind either way, having made the offer I feel oblged to stick with it and Lynn is still happy but If people want to postpone then I'm fine with that as well.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Kier » Mon 18.08.2008, 23:01
happy to postpone, I may visit the event at Weston Super Mare instead usless it's tipping down with rain!
-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by muley » Wed 20.08.2008, 07:43
Nige
Either event would be fine, but we'd prefer Dorset.
Can we say 'weather permitting' though! The weather lately has been atrocious and I think a barbie has to be part of the deal?
But if we postpone, its' not a problem.
Regards
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4523
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by Nige » Sun 24.08.2008, 08:56
Jim is positive that he want to go ahead, Chris is on as well as am I. Therfore there will be a Southern Scoff and Spin next Sun 31 Aug unless the weather is truly awful (as it is here this morning). Plan is to meet at my place (if you are interested PM me for an address) around 1030-1100, go onto Monkey World near Wareham at a leisurely pace and return to my place for a BBQ late afternoon early evening. We will do all the salady rabbit (monkey?) type food that goes with a BBQ and all I ask is that you bring your choice of protein to be charcoaled, this can sit in our fridge whilst we are out and about.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Kier » Tue 26.08.2008, 23:13
Excellent, glad to hear this is back on, see you Sunday

-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by chris.t » Sat 30.08.2008, 19:21
Now that the SELOC event at WSM has been cancelled are we going to get more takers for the SSS?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by dapinky » Sat 30.08.2008, 20:04
chris.t wrote:Now that the SELOC event at WSM has been cancelled are we going to get more takers for the SSS?
Maybe
I have been in contact with Nige.........
...it is only me and Iain (+ Lexi) as Angie, Paul & Ailwyn are otherwise engaged, and i think Geoff is busy in the garage!
It will depend lots on the weather in the morning - we will be doing something, it is just a decision as to what it will be

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by chris.t » Sat 30.08.2008, 20:54
dapinky wrote:chris.t wrote:Now that the SELOC event at WSM has been cancelled are we going to get more takers for the SSS?
Maybe
I have been in contact with Nige.........
...it is only me and Iain (+ Lexi) as Angie, Paul & Ailwyn are otherwise engaged, and i think Geoff is busy in the garage!
It will depend lots on the weather in the morning - we will be doing something, it is just a decision as to what it will be

I was just a bit concerned that Nige was going to be taking on more than he thought. If you've been in touch i 'm sure everything will be ok. Forecast for tomorrow doesn't look to bad for the pm btw
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by Kier » Mon 01.09.2008, 00:52
Considering I was woken up by the sound of rain, I can't beleive we managed to do the trip roof down (except Nige due to hard top) on the way to monkey world and the way back! Plus no rain whilst walking around monkey world, or during BBQ ... AND that was with Jim (rain man) attending!
Good to see you all, thanks to everyone for the grub back at Nige's. Thanks to Nige & family for letting us into their home!
Several pics can be found in an album here..
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =595515950Here's just a few.........



-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by chris.t » Mon 01.09.2008, 12:54
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by Kier » Mon 01.09.2008, 17:38
I left my monkey pics off of this forum, was going to post them on the monkey forum I alway visit

-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by chris.t » Mon 01.09.2008, 17:48
Kier wrote:I left my monkey pics off of this forum, was going to post them on the monkey forum I alway visit

Just to show everyone what they missed, boring looking at cars all the time

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by rjbean » Tue 23.09.2008, 18:52
I'm so sorry I missed this, I've been so busy i've not had time to look at the forum.
Glad you all had a good time
-

rjbean
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
- Location: West Sussex
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests