SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Tue 02.11.2010, 23:26

Chris

I will be there but not before 8.30. Let me know if you are not going.

Nick ( No mates?)
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Wed 03.11.2010, 00:42

I hope to be there too, from c. 8pm/8.30pm
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Wed 03.11.2010, 10:17

Ok I'll be there for about 8.30pm. I'm going to the gym for a spin and a swim beforehand.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby tonny006 » Wed 03.11.2010, 12:27

I don't think i can make it tonight,
Not that i've got an Elan any more :(
Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Wed 03.11.2010, 12:31

tonny006 wrote:I don't think i can make it tonight,
Not that i've got an Elan any more :(
Tony

have i missed something Tony, where's the Elan????
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby DaveB » Thu 04.11.2010, 22:36

Hi,
Just like to say thanks to everybody last night, had a damn good chat.

We talked about our misfires, we inspected our pressure regulators... (I think). We compared red paints... (in the dark)
...We talked about gapping plugs and even some interesting stuff !!

Good to meet Nigel and hear about the nastier parts of our world... (Deepcut Barracks cafeteria)

Good to see ChrisT and Dierdre, (Best wishes to you Chris, and remember you have Dee looking after you, so no worries.)

Best wishes to all
David

PS... I have worked out how to put the clock back on my stereo... I am now in the same time zone inside and out. :-D
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Thu 04.11.2010, 22:42

Dave, Jim will be most disapponted if he isn't kept informed as to how many Elans turned up. I saw a red in the CP when i arrived which i take was yours but were there any others, please feel free to update. Thanks for your good wishes Dave, the next few months are going to be, well, somewhat interesting :?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby DaveB » Thu 04.11.2010, 23:04

Hmmm... not sure I'm good enough to remember everybody...!!

... but I'll start a list... !!

DaveB *
.
.
.
:-D

Help me someone!!
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Thu 04.11.2010, 23:18

DaveB wrote:Hmmm... not sure I'm good enough to remember everybody...!!

... but I'll start a list... !!

DaveB *
MarkV deffo.
Rob - probably
.
:-D

Help me someone!!


oh attending but not Lotus equiped.

C & D
niGe
Lotus Nick
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby tonny006 » Thu 04.11.2010, 23:55

chris.t wrote:
tonny006 wrote:I don't think i can make it tonight,
Not that i've got an Elan any more :(
Tony

have i missed something Tony, where's the Elan????


The Elan is now sold,the new owner will appear on here soon hopefully.
I only used the Elan for trackdays so i now have a Stuart Taylor Locoblade (seven style with a bike engine) more track focused car.

I have only just seen the other post.
I wish you all the best and hope the next few weeks are kind to you.
Take care
Hopefully see you all next month.
Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Fri 05.11.2010, 00:58

Guess it's inevitable, the elan is a great car but imo it will never be a track car in the true sense. Having said that you won't be taking wifey out for nice drive in the country in the Stuart Taylor Locoblade.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Fri 05.11.2010, 01:38

I was in an Elan :?
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Fri 05.11.2010, 09:46

Nige wrote:I was in an Elan :?

oops sorry Nige, I misinterpreted the conversation in the pub re cars being mothballed/repaired etc.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Fri 05.11.2010, 09:56

No worries Chris, it was good to see you. The S2 is still garaged and likley to stay that way until spring, the NA is in daily use again.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Fri 05.11.2010, 10:04

chris.t wrote:
Nige wrote:I was in an Elan :?



So was I!

Thanks all for a good evening. Chris - best wishes and look forward to seeing you next month.
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby tonny006 » Fri 05.11.2010, 10:05

chris.t wrote:Guess it's inevitable, the elan is a great car but imo it will never be a track car in the true sense. Having said that you won't be taking wifey out for nice drive in the country in the Stuart Taylor Locoblade.


I'm with you on the elan thoughts.Saying that ,it supprised a lot of people, and with the Kumho's it was fantastic in the wet. :D

As for the wife,she only went in it once in 15 months.

Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Fri 05.11.2010, 13:21

I agree that the Elan is not the car of choice for track days, if you are able to make a choice. I suppose it's a question of what came first the car or the wish to do track days. If the track days hen become the reason for needing a car to them in it makes sense to go for something better suited.

Tony, hope to still see you at the H&C even if your Elan has gone now.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby tonny006 » Fri 05.11.2010, 14:11

I will still be along to the H&C and if i see an Elan at a very good price, needing some work, i would be tempted.
I think my old car was too nice as just a track car.
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby DaveB » Sun 07.11.2010, 21:55

Gentlemen... I have just noticed that I have been the victim of a crime.

My treasured, 2005, faux chrome, non genuine, Lotus tyre valve caps have been stolen from my car.
I believe the location of this hideous crime to be the Hen and Chickens car park... the date, the third of November 2010.

I have to tell you that I have been left heartbroken by this dastardly crime, those caps were a treasured present from eBay and valued recently at nearly 7 pounds. They were obviously impossible to insure, and thus, I cannot even be content in the knowledge that I might get some recompense.

This crime was not a crime of chance, but that of an expert. The skill involved in their removal was evident. Only an expert would know to twist them anti-clockwise, only an expert could do the job with the speed needed – four valve caps in two hours... You do the maths... God he was good.

Could I have been more careful?
How could I leave myself open to such attack?
Who is the mastermind behind this?
... Why am I writing this and where is it going?

I just don’t know.

In the hope that someone saw something... anything... I am posting a photo of my caps.

Image

These are ‘the guys’, as I like to call them, at a recent ‘get together’... ‘Tim, Bob and Justin’ are the ones standing up...‘Dan’ as usual, is playing the fool and rolling on the floor... Ah... great memories.

The police are working under the assumption that it was two lads on Lotus bicycles, or four lads on Lotus unicycles, but an extensive man hunt has revealed nothing.

I am not hopeful of their recovery, and can blame only myself... Without these little fellows, I feel tired and let down... God I miss those guys.

*sobs uncontrollably*



Right...
... Dear Mr eBay... :smt024
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Specky » Sun 07.11.2010, 21:59

I've got three half sets for the same reason...

In fact since I've not gone to the H&C for a while... No problems...

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests